Thread: Cox@home improvement

Cox@home improvement

I dnt' really know what at home did to the hardware yesterday but my cable modem has improved alot and it's extremely fast. I'm wondering if there're any other at home user that are experiencing this. I hope that they will keep it this way

well i wish i could be bragging about the speed of my cox@home right now but it turns out that i couldnt get the modem in time, before the install guy came. i am going to buy the modem from bestbuy, where i work, since i can get it for wholesale. i went to work to get it and they were all gone! the toshibas too! cox just released a gigantic area all around AZ so thats why none of our stores had them in stock. oh well.....i hid one behind the counter today so i'll have it for sure when he comes in 2 weeks

by the way....just how fast are you talkin?

http://speedtest.umnet.umich.edu/

what did that give you?

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    Don't be to happy, new virus out, worst than Code red, see Right here

i didnt read that whole page but....that virus just effecting people with cable modems or what? cause it sounded like you meant he had a better chance of getting it than i did or something? its just another one of those outlook express things that overloads servers right? just exploits more vulnerabilities that code red did though.

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    It will affect everyone, speedwise

The new virus is extremely smart and fast and effective. our system was effected by it today and it multiply itself overnight like unbelieveable. Our system was affected yesterday, and symantec finally has a fix for it today. But it's a combine codered II virus with some other functions.