Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The War Might Start Tomorrow!

The War Might Start Tomorrow!

MSNBC says that Bush will meet for the final time with the rest of congress and senate to dicuss what is going on and what is going to occur. This war is closer than I expected.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Mississauga, Ontario , Canada. Behaviour : Good
    think bright... all the flowers.. lush green grass..

It will most likely happen before the market opens on Monday to spur Consumer confidence, and generate spending. With a new age of investors, it could be drastic for us to engage war during market activity.

Uninsured for your health
    I pledge my full support to the men and women of the armed forces. My the Great One, who ever you beleave it to be, watch over you as you march forth in support of your country. Fight not for yourself, your country, but for those who have died in the planes and buildings!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Rivers Designs
    America! Love it or give it back!

Originally posted by CiscoCert
    I pledge my full support to the men and women of the armed forces. My the Great One, who ever you beleave it to be, watch over you as you march forth in support of your country. Fight not for yourself, your country, but for those who have died in the planes and buildings!

Fight for our childrens futures.

PS - I find it disturbing that market activity comes to play in these thoughts, but I guess thats today's world.

Originally posted by mjhaston

Fight for our childrens futures.

PS - I find it disturbing that market activity comes to play in these thoughts, but I guess thats today's world.
    True, but if the global economy goes down, life will NOT be good regardless...

I just hope they have a damn good plan, Afghan terrain is terrible for any type of land invasion...

and there are still terroists in our own land, what will they do when we start bombing? :bites nails:

Most probably know that I am a Gunnery Sergeant in the Marines. If we wage war, I am gone. The 2nd Marine Division is ready.

I pray we can avoid war as it will devastate my wife and 2 children. None the less, that is a risk I have taken for the last 20 years. I have been in harms way more than once and I don't like it. Those who say they are ready have never been shot at or seen a grown man pee and poop in his pants.

The real bummer is I am suppose to retire October 23rd. If I get a message from Headquarters Marine Corps, it won't be a birthday card.

Keep me and my family in your prayers.

Thanks,
    BigMo
    Steve Moore

Originally posted by bigmo66
    Most probably know that I am a Gunnery Sergeant in the Marines. If we wage war, I am gone. The 2nd Marine Division is ready.

I pray we can avoid war as it will devastate my wife and 2 children. None the less, that is a risk I have taken for the last 20 years. I have been in harms way more than once and I don't like it. Those who say they are ready have never been shot at or seen a grown man pee and poop in his pants.

The real bummer is I am suppose to retire October 23rd. If I get a message from Headquarters Marine Corps, it won't be a birthday card.

Thanks,
    BigMo
    Steve Moore
    Oh man!
    I feel so sorry for you. When you say you are a gunnery sargent, does that mean like you have to fight ? Or you do like maitenance or something ?

Man,
    I will keep you in my prayers.

Everyone else, pray for all the soldiers, who leave there families behind, to go and fight for the United States Of America. It is a great country, and the only way it got this way in the first place was because of the Brave men who stood on the front line and died for the best country in the world today.

God Bless America

war is bad...

we ? (am I alone) don't want war..

I was playing a game of pool after my classes today (note, I'm going to A-school for my job in the Navy so I'm living on base) and right now my liberty says I have to wear uniform where ever I go, so I was in my working whites...this little girl, maybe 8-10 years old comes up to me "mr. are we going to war?" You don't know what to say to that, you know the answers leaning towards yes, but you can't say that to a little kid.
    scorp

Anyone know who exactley we are going to war with? Or who our enemies are even? Or better yet what our goal's are? This escalation is really leaving me confused
    ---the Iranian Fury

Originally posted by bigmo66

Thanks,
    BigMo
    Steve Moore
    I hope it helps to tell you that you've been in my families prayers and thoughts for sometime now. I never know just what to say because I can never tell if I'm treading on information that cannot be revealed. I know you well enough to know that If I get out of range, you'll let me know.
    I pray not only for you and your family, but all of the men and women in the Armed Forces.
    The whole timing of this event has taken everyone by surprise, sort of like an overnight mindset change.
    Keep yourself as safe as possible and do whats necessary to be able to return home safely, to your family.
    God Bless
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

I listen only WAR .. WAR .. WAR..

Who is the enemy ???

Me ?? you ?? them ??

Blacks ?? whites ?? reds?? yellows ??

EUROPE ?? AFRICA ?? ASIA ?? RUSIA ?? NORTH POLE ?? SOUTH POLE ??

It was a bling hit from terorists ..
    JUST FIND THEM AND GET THEM ........

Blog Entries
    Hi Prey

I believe that the shooting will not take place for some time yet.

There will no doubt be a build up of Arms etc. with your, our NATO Allies first.

many plans will have to brought forward first imho.

They will continue to investigate all leads of other conspirators still out among us, and in other Countries as well.

There will be much trading of information amongst Allies of Intelligence info and other related items.

This will be a long protracted War & one they will not rush into unprepared for.

This is no time to let Anger overide Good Preperation imho.

This is a War that must be Won. It will not be won easily i assure you,

There will also be much Diplomatic exchange between Nations to further the NATO cause as well.

War is not to be taken lightly, as this will not be another Gulf situation but rather one where loss of life will be high i fear.

We are going up against a people to whom Death is viewed as a Religious right and one they relish.

How do you fight a people that wish Death.

Other than giving them their wish, you will have to track them down wherever they may be and individual acts of Terrorism will be not uncommon i fear.

They have CD's out showing people how this is best done and it is from what i hear a huge seller there.

Imho a well co ordinated strike with intent & sustainment is the order of the day.

This will take time i believe.

May God Bless, Guide & Protect All Those Who Must Go In Harms Way

You are in my Heart and Prayers

regards

minir

No one wants war, but I for one, see no choice in the matter. We, as a Nation, have left loss of life go on so many occasions, that we cannot, should not, and will not look the other way this time.

We can't sit here and think about the terrorists still in the country, we have to act and I'm sure they will surface, but they will surface to a different kind of thinking then they thought would be possible. We'll get them too!

Enough is enough. We can't be driven into non existence and let these sick minds have it their way. I can't stand thinking that everyday we leave our homes or jobs or anything for that matter, is putting us in danger from a shadow enemy! It's bad enough that we have to worry about the normal American Criminal daily, but to have to worry about something from the outside in addition is more then I can tolerate.
    Last edited by blebs; 09-14-01 at 02:07 PM.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

I still dont get who we are going to war with..and what a full out war would include or what it woud accomplish even.
    ---the Iranian Fury

When you say you are a gunnery sargent, does that mean like you have to fight ? Or you do like maitenance or something ?
    Gunnery Sergeant is a rank equivalent to any other E-7 in the service. In the Army it would be Sergeant First Class, In the Navy, Chief Petty Officer and in the Air Force, Master Sergeant.

My tech field is weapons/ordnance. I am not an Infantryman and would be behind those guys in battle. Main components of the Corps:
    Air - both fixed wing and rotary
    Artillery - M198 Howitzers 155mm 20+ miles depending on charge
    Tanks
    Light Armored Vehicles
    Infantry
    Special Forces
    Amphibious vehicles

Support elements:
    Engineers
    Comm
    Field Mess
    Maint
    AMMO/ORD
    Supply
    Logisitics
    Motor T
    Medical
    Chaplain
    INTEL fits in there of course. Our ARABIC linguists are no doubt busy.

We have our Maritime Pre-positioned ships and 2 Marine Expiditionary Units afloat at all times.
    The Corps is ready

Blog Entries
    HI IranianHobo

I still dont get who we are going to war with..and what a full out war would include or what it woud accomplish even.
    I fear IranianHobo that it is pretty much a forgone conclusion that Bin Laden is at least one responsible for what has taken place, there are no doubt others as well.

It appears that most info so far points in his direction.

This will be a War against Terrorism not people. It will be steered to those that inflict it, encourage it, harbour it, or involve themselves in anyway with Terrorism.

This may lead to many places, Countries, people etc.

If one looks at it from a War against Trrorism it becomes much easier to equate to.

Terrorism as you know has been escalating for some time. It is time to respond in force.

Those Countries that have been sitting on the fence, it is now time to choose a side.

Information gathered will not be of the Court vaiety where proof is needed beyond a reasonable doubt, but rather sufficient info to establish those involved.

If your are in that group of strongly suspected then either renounce or prepare for the Anger of the Free World.

It is time, as Free Nations throughout the World can no longer allow this type of action to go unpunished.

will there be mistakes made, Yes. hopefully minimal.

This will not be something entered into lightly as great loss is to be expected.

regards

minir

Minir I agree with what you say about there being many places where this "war" is going to take us. But people talk of our next move as though another Veitnam is in the workings. I agree that Osama Bin Ladin must be brought to justice, but how we plan on reaching that goal I do not understand. An all out war with Afghanistan would not bring Osama bin Ladin into our hands, in fact the confusion that something like that would cause would make it easier for Bin Ladin to run away and hide again. Is this "war" really something that our traditional army is meant to fight?

For a look at what I am sayine we should try using check out this website...http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/calahan.htm It is a Gradute Paper by a student of Marine Corps Command and Staff College. Interesting read. Packed full of information I am sure.

But if you want a more "readable" version of the story get Geogre Joanas' book "Vengenance" I have read it would highley reccemend it. Actually Jonas was the first to publish the story and in fact the graduate paper recieved lots of his information from Mr. Jonas.
    Last edited by IranianHobo; 09-14-01 at 03:30 PM.
    ---the Iranian Fury