Thread: Im home, and damn am i TIRED!

Im home, and damn am i TIRED!

ahh... good to be home and back on my own puters.

Here is my vacation summed up:

Day1 saturday- fly into dallas tx then connect to new orleans. come to find out, they lose one of our bags. take taxi for 30 BUCKS! to our hotel from hell. this taxi was in BAD shape... been in accidents... just horrible.. driver drove hell to fast. our bag is returned to us right to our hotel on the next flight from dallas. stay in the WORST hotel EVER. Nobody ever stay at park st. charles on st charles street!!!! Stayed in hotel all night after an exausting day

day2 sunday- embarkation. take taxi for 15 bucks to the docks. load up and get on ship. all day is basic meeting stuff... and we had the greatest table mates (for meals). Also our waiters were FANTASTIC (MORE ON THEM LATER). leave down the mississippi river

Day 3 monday- (day 2 of cruise) first day at sea. shows all day long, no big deal

day 4 tuesday-(day 3 of cruise) second full day at sea. shows all day, no big deal again

day 5 wednesday - (day 4 of cruise) jamaca! hot and HUMID! my god it was humid out tehre! they had a 99.75% humidity level!!!!!! saw the sights of jamaca and went back to boat. played BINGO that night and WON 750 DOLLARS!!! (that money was gone by the end of the cruise)

day 6 thursday - (day 5 of cruise) grand caymon! once again.. hot and HUMID! it felt like a good 95 degresse out there. say teh sights of grand caymon... went to hell and back. hell is actaully the name of an area in there because of a rock formation.... ill have pictures when they get developed (more on the camera situation later).

day 7 friday - (day 6 of cruise) cozumel!! first we went to go see the myan ruins... and that was breath taking. we then took a tender which was supposed to only take 45 minutes, ended up taking an hour and 15 minutes. this cut our shopping time down from an hour to about 30 minutes...this is the big shopping area... so we didnt have much time but we still got what we wanted. it was also the hottest there than anywhere else.

day 8 saturday - (day 7 of cruise, last "official day") "fun day at sea" this was a very sad day because now you have to say bye to everybody... who you just made friends with. i finally found somebody in the dance club who was kind of like me. in fact... i met a girl that lives not too far from me.. i think ill be calling her VERY soon.

day 9 sunday - (debarkation day) sad day... only got about 5 hours sleep... went to bed at 1 because of the dance club, woke up at 6. finnished packing carryons... and time to leave boat. we got off the boat around 8:30 after eating breakfast in the format dinning room. said bye to waiter and assistant waiter (busgirl). we purchased a special thing where we go on a tour bus.. they give us a tour of new orleans, then we got to walk new orleans for about 2 hours (more on that later) then take us right to the airport.

flight out -started POURING while i was in the airport. that was kinda scary.. but it stopped raining before our flight took off. new orleans has a very low key airport.... very quiet.... and FREE INTERNET!

connecting flight - dallas TX. CRAZY AIRPORT! For poeple that live in it... we landed at B38..... had to goto A16 which is on the OPPOSITE side of the airport... luckly dallas tx airport (American airlines uses it...) has the TrAAin. (2 a's for american airlines ) that thing almost closed the door on me... kinda funy.. then it took off before i could grab on to the hand rails, throwing me and somebody else half way across the tram.

that connecting flight was about 2 and a half hours long and was very VERY nice. it was like a half full plane.. so after everybody got on.. i jumped in one of the empty rows and got a whole row to myself... that was great. (flew on a 757, seating arrangement of 3 on the left, 3 on the right)

landed VERY hard. of course.. you have to come in quick and steep, and slow down quickly in the small airport i flew into..

overall.. it was a great cruise... but the staff is the BEST part... here are a couple of cool tid bits...

The cruise director.. basicly the guy that organizes all the shows and stuff like that... is the SAME GUY AS ON MY LAST CRUISE 2 YEARS AGO. SAME OLD JOKES! i knew like everything he was gonna say before he said it.

Our waiter was just great.. he always accepted special orders and worked quickly

Our assistant waitress... (busboy/girl) was the best one there... seriously she needs to move up to waitress. she ALWAYS cleared out plates, gave me hot chocolate every night... she was just VERY sweet and nice.

But there is one guy that made my cruise all it could be. Cornileas. This guy is a bar waiter... basicly he goes around at dinner time and asks people if they want drinks.. including soda, alcholol, hard liquore, or anything in between. He did not work in the section that my dinner table was... but the girl that was in my section always flaked out on me... i feel really bad for her. cornileas and i actually became good friends thru the cruise and always said hi as we walked by eachother.. talked for a while... it was just great. i gave him a big tip at the end. my assigned bar waitress, we found out, was laid off... i think. i didnt see it myself.. but i heard from our fellow table members that they saw her and a couple other staff members sitting on a bench like they were about to go home. i guess it just didnt work out for her... i still gave her a smaller tip because she did serve me.

Our cabin boy SUCKED. on every cruise i go on... they put little diolies (aka pretty coasters) and mints on your pillow before you goto bed. my cabin boy non shalantly (spelling) threw the mints on the desk.. <sarcasm>we sure gave him a BIG tip</sarcasm>. he did NOT go above and beyond what they are supposed to do... in face he BARELY did what he WAS supposed to do.

now about my hotel room from hell...
    We had some weird deal (dont ask what it was.. i dont know) where she paid for our hotel room in new orleans. here is how that day went:
    walk into hotel, and NOBDOY helps us get our luggage out of the taxi, except the taxi driver who helped a little. walk up to front desk and we say "we have reservations for (so and so). and it is already paid for" and the says in the nastiest, smartassesistic (new word! w00t!) remark, "by whom" i mean she might have well have said "who the hell would pay for a room for you???" thats basicly what she said. anyway we checked in... and NOBODY helped carry our 5 bags (would be 6, but the hotel lost one of our bags) plus we have a lot of carryons. walk into this hotel room... containing 2 double beds... and my room is bigger. the tv is about the size of my computer monitor... and to make things worse... 3 light bulbs are out in the room... leaving us to light the entire room with 1 lightbulb. we had those all replaced. every call you make costs 75 cents... whether it be a local call (taxi takeout service, food) 800 number, or hell im sure htey would have charged us for 911. we ordered taxi takeout food and they ripped us of.. but i wont go into that. finally they said our bag arrived... and they woudlnt bring it up to us. they said we had to come down and get it.

if i remmeber anything else... ill make another post. sorry about this huge post... i hope you read it all... thanks if you did

more pictures to come later...

good to be home... did i miss anything good on SG?
    Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
    Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
    Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
    Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..
    Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?

LOL, I actually read the whole thing. Sounded like an interesting trip. It probably took you a while to type all that huh
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Oh ya it did... but i was tlaking to other poeple at the same time.. so it was ok.

I rememberd a couple of things....

1. Today during the tour we went down burbon street... well... turns out it also is gay pride week.... needless to say we were off burbon street quickly.

2. Huge tour buses are NOT made to go down new orleans

3. new orleans is an old, yet BEAUTIFUL place

4. this 2 hour jetlag is killing me...
    Originally posted by UnitedWeStand Don't go walking up to her and say "I just had a vasectomy wanna celebrate?
    Originally posted by EvilAngel Actually Kitten just got the sonagram done and the doc thought it was twins at first, but soon realized that it was the boys pen1s laying next to him....lol
    Said by XSeanX on AIM I wish girls were a lot easier
    Originally posted by Needlefreak May the fleas of a thousand taliban camels feast happily on your lower region..
    Originally posted by Jim Heart attack on a bun?

Originally posted by mmc128
    1. Today during the tour we went down burbon street... well... turns out it also is gay pride week.... needless to say we were off burbon street quickly.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

I never walk around the village here near my house when it's gay pride week. I feel like a piece of meat on display
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

I went on a cruise to Nassau and Freeport and some other places much farther south than where I live, but anyways, I had a rocking time.

I took a case of Guiness on the boat with me, I have to have my Guiness. Well, it turns out that the bartender in the biggest bar on ship also had an affinity for the wondefulness that is Guiness. So for 2 beers a night, I drank for FREE. My liver has never really forgiven me. The Captain even remarked on my excessive drinking, laughing at me.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.