Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what's it gonna be? SomethingAwful or SpeedGuide?

So what's it gonna be? SomethingAwful or SpeedGuide?

Wow. I must say that I just read all the screenies from the private forum, and am utterly shocked - considering that I also read alot of the out in the open crap as well.

I was just wondering what everyone wants?

This is directed at the mods and the members of SG.

After seeing words from both sides I can see that what is ripping SG apart isn't from one side, but both.

A general mob mentality fueled by rage coupled with a gestapoesque regime and we have a recipe for conflict.

So are we gonna open the communications gap between moderators and users, or shall we just give the keys to SA's own Jeddite so we can have his brand of forum justice.

If you dont know who Jeddite is, let me tell you. He edits posts on a whim, deletes threads without warning, and bans you for personal reasons.

Of course this is only reality over at SA, but it is quickly becoming the rule of the day here as well.

And if you are going to allow us some freedom, don't do it just to stop us from whining or to make this place more peacable for profit's sake.

Do it because you respect your community and see some of us as equals and human beings.

Jesus, is that so hard?

Last edited by Gaming-Module; 08-29-01 at 09:59 PM.

what do i want? well, i say "who, gives a ****"! i am just fine and happy here.

the way i look at it is like this...

people don't always get their way, so then they bad mouth everyone else involved.

sg is a great place and as each day goes on i learn who to listen too, and who to ignore.

What mostly pissed me off is the amount of abuse Mouse got, and it wasn't from anything less than a mod to say the least.

Very disturbing.

what is the subject?

im not familiar with this other forum board. are they computer related? my curiousity is definitely piqued...where are they on the 'net?

What screenies? From where? A private forum in SG? For mods only?

Can I see pretty plz?
    ** Speed 3370(down)/425(up) kbps **
    My IROC-Z28

Originally posted by Roody
    im not familiar with this other forum board. are they computer related? my curiousity is definitely piqued...where are they on the 'net?

You don't wanna visit that place man, ever since they closed DPPH they've turned completely WACKO over there
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

Blog Entries
    We do respect our community and SG has never been about profit, I've dedicated a few years of my life to it in order to help broadband users make the best of their online experience.

We are only human and we do have our flaws, we get mad and make wrong decisions at times, but the driving force behind this site is to help users and provide for any civilized conversation without the spam and flames that rule usenet.

If you must know, we are not making enough profit to justify the time spent on the site, besides all the mods are helping for free, dedicating their time for a good cause.

Just my 2c

Oh, just curious, where and when did you see the screenshots ? On the speedforums earlier ?

I have seen them a couple of places, yes.

I seen this happen toooooo manys times so I will sit on the sidelines untill the smoke clears..
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

I do have things to say........in PM's where they should be on this subject..............

I would advise anyone else with an ounce of decency to either refrain from posting in this thread as Evil has done to PM'ing.

Originally posted by EvilAngel
    I seen this happen toooooo manys times so I will sit on the sidelines untill the smoke clears..
    good idea. i think i'll do the same.

can see also this thread for reference http://forums.speedguide.net/showthr...threadid=44815

I would tell you the site they're talking about but not sure I can or not anymore? go figure. seems harmless to me to tell someone about another interesting site on the internet.

Anyway, my thoughts are still a little fuzzy. My problem is I don't fully agree with the way that this info was found. BUT, it was seen. And what I did see I didn't like. Seems to me if we have mods arguing over how things should be handled than there will always be a problem here. Everything needs to be treated the same way by ALL mods and admins. Right now this is a big problem I think. WE can't advertise other sites (unless there is something in it for Speedguide). But I have an idea, if we make this site like that site, people won't go there. Lets start with the rules! Bad idea. Oh well, hypocrisy should not surprise any of us coming from someone who has some power.

anyway, thats I'll I have for now. My 2 cents you could say.
    But I never knew before how sought after my 2 cents were.

Advanced Member
    well its late here im going to bed, goodnight SG.

Okay Guy's this is getting a little silly.

Regardless of what you think of myself or Brent. We are still the mods here and you are still going to have to deal with us.

i myself will do everything that I can to be fair and straight up with you in the desicions I make. Also Macho, I appreciate your feelings but remember I am not a wilting lily, I can hold my own

I can only hope that if you have any issues with me that you do it through PM or ICQ. I have never blocked anyone on ICQ and would love to speak with anyone of you.

Thanks
    Mouse
    Last edited by mouse; 08-29-01 at 11:00 PM.

In a dry but moldy New Orleans, Louisiana
    I've got a lot of studying to do for my MCSE test. Think I'll take a break for a little while untill all this dumb ***** clears.

I never thought I would get caught up in some on-line soap opera such as this. The Us vs. Them crap needs to stop. It's childish. Those pics from the private forum should never have been posted. Phillip you're a better man then me, I'd banned his ass just for spite.

SeeYa!!!! :2cool:
    Sliding down the banister of life ..........................

This wasn't done with a negative intention.

This should be talked about.

If you don't wanna deal with it here and now then it will just continue to be a problem.

Originally posted by Macho-Module
    This wasn't done with a negative intention.

This should be talked about.

If you don't wanna deal with it here and now then it will just continue to be a problem.
    eh hopefully this drama will end soon, i wont be leaving until its just lobo and newbies then i'll head out.

All I have to say is....It's a crying shame!

and the answer to your topic......Speedguide of course!

All I can say is ignorance is bliss!!! I haven't the foggiest what any of you are talking aboot and I like it that way!

I'm a friggin happy camper right now and SG is great for me!

...formerly the omnipotent UOD