Thread: New Tools

New Tools

Ok who's got Win98, or 98Se and wants to try the new improved Tools I made up today?

I need some feeback on them, then I'll put them up publically.
    Or as soon as I can add things every one wants to have in these Tools.

Download here

1. Installs to the Top of Start Menu for easy access to many Windows apps and Properties sheets. No more searching the start menu, and all over windows for frequently used apps and properties.
    2. Has the SC connection Tweak.
    3. Has a Ramdrive Install available 17 different sizes to choose from.
    4. Has a simple Ping and TraceRoute program to use.
    5. Has IP release and/or renew along with Winipcfg (IP configuration)
    6. And more !!
    7. Best thing....It's free

New
    1. "enable, or disable the hosts file for blocking ads (new huge hosts file too)
    2. Fixed a problem with 'Convert' You'll like Convert for converting things like MB to KB, LBS to KG, MPH to KPH and many more.
    3. Fixed the icons.
    4. Fixed a few shortcuts too.

When installing it, leave all defaults as they are, and it'll install to the top of your start menu.

Let me know of any problems please, and any ideas to add to it.

Thanks a lot in advance for any feedback I get.

Norm

What about tools for win2k due to the fact that most ppl are using it

Ken, don't use a water or a fire extinguisher use asbestos dust.

Win2K Tools are still there, I'll be working on them next to improve them, once I get these Tools finished and ready to post publically. Win2K takes a lot more hacking I don't use it much so I have to learn as I go for those Tools.

I would help you, but 9x has dissappered from my machine for a year now Poor baby, I wonder where does it sleep now?
    Live to chase your dream...

SG Elite
    I'll give it a shot on my test machine if I have a minute.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Hi Norm

I had no problem with your last one, but dumped it and have downloaded and installed it.

Everything fine so far.

Thanks Norm

minir

Hey Norm, any future releases of the Win2k Tools?
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

trying it now

doesn't provide much use IMO, other then Ramdrive, easier renew release IP. Other then that, just a shortcut type prog, IMO. Half the things i cant run, since i dont have them installed.

I'll try it out tomoraw night, but I'll go ahead and download it...

Thanks for all the responses everyone I appreciate all the feedback and I'm looking forward to hearing some ideas to add to this program. I started making this program about 6-8 months ago, adding new things as I needed or wanted them. I was making it for myself to access a lot of windows apps etc from one spot. I hated having to go all over the place to get into apps and properties for all the things I use frequently.
    I also wanted to have a few of the programs I use in it as well, so I asked for permission from the authors, and was surpized, no one said no.
    Then I thought "if I like this, maybe everyone else will too" If anyone doesn't like it, that's kewl, I don't expect everyone to like it.

I will add more too, if anyone has ideas as to what would be nice to have included, just let me know. If I have the capabilty to add your ideas, I will.

For anyone wondering about the Win2K version, I will be working on upgrading it as well, and will accept ideas for it too, so let me know your ideas. If I can do it, I will.

On anothjer note -
    I love Speedguide and the members here. I frequented this site long before I ever posted here, and enjoyed all the fun for a long time, without even getting involved. I, like many other lurkers, wanted to be a part of all this fun, and have enjoyed many laughs here with many different people.
    Thanks from the bottom of my heart goes out to everyone who tries to make SG a fun place to come and be with friends.

I post these tools for my friends to enjoy to give back to SG and the members something for all the fun they have given to me.

Lets all get back to the way things were, and have the fun we all have enjoyed in the past here at SG. Lets not allow one or 2 disgruntled members to affect our good nature and our happy go lucky mood. Lets not buy into, or post back to the insults and flames, just click the "report this to a mod" link. Or use PM's, and keep the ill feelings out of the general forums.
    Lets stop problems before they get out of hand, and think positive more, or just plain ignore it..

Have a good day and everyone pass this along >

Anyone one have any feedback?

Anything I should/could add?

Any problems?

Any abusive remarks about me? jk

I found a couple of mistakes and fixed them, nothing to worry about though, just a couple of shorcuts pointing to nowhere.
    I replaced the file on the server, but it's the same link to d'l it.

Any other problems or ideas yet?

Well I'll boot into Win98 *shudder* and install the tools and see what happens
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Originally posted by EvilAngel
    Well I'll boot into Win98 *shudder* and install the tools and see what happens
    Let me know of any ideas for the Win2K version would you please Evil, it's not as extensive as the 98 version and I could use some extra suggestions for it. Thanks man.

176 views and only a few replies so far.
    Is Win98 too old for everyone ?
    I better get working on the Win2K and XP versions.

Originally posted by Norm
    176 views and only a few replies so far.
    Is Win98 too old for everyone ?
    I better get working on the Win2K and XP versions.
    Yes, it has disappered from my HDD since almost a year ago now... Never regretted a single second of having Win2k.

Cheers,
    Ronald
    ex-WoW-addict

I am thinking of getting rid of win98 too... the only reason I have 98 is because I play q1, but I haven't played that in a long timE1 Plus my ol lady just got a new compyer and it has WinMe...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song