Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which is correct

Advanced Member NuclearHeadache's Avatar
    Haha, don't worry about it Norm those bastards at IBM better send me that manual.............I DID IT NORM, I formatted yesterday and everything went smoothly except for, wouldn't you know it, a password issue, but I got it figured out. My comp runs 10 times faster now Norm and I owe it all to you and the other members who helped me out here at SG. I still have one problem though........I had bought an intellimouse 2weeks ago and B4 I formatted it ran smoothly but now when I change the assigned buttons they still stay the same even when I click APPLY........what gives............it's just a small problem but I'm so happy I got that format done. Norm, that name kinda makes me wanna sit in a bar in Boston all day and when Norm comes in I wanna say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRM!!!!
    AMD T-Bird 1.2 GHZ
    MSI K7T266 Pro2
    256MB PC2100 Crucial DDR
    60 GIG 7200 RPM Maxtor
    60 GIG 7200 RPM Western Digital
    32 MB Nvidia TV Out
    Creative SB Live Value
    431 watt Enermax power supply (whisper series, but with 2 fans on this power supply it's still loud as a mofo)
    Using WIndows XP Pro

Isaiah 2:10

Go into the rocks, hide in the ground from dread of the LORD and the splendor of his majesty!

Forget the intellipoint issue I fixed that too..........I had to reinstall my drivers and remove my old driver from IBM...........No problem now.....everything running excelent.....thanks again people especially Norm. I'm adding you to my buddy list Norm wheather you like it or not so I can bother you all the time j/k Thanks again
    AMD T-Bird 1.2 GHZ
    MSI K7T266 Pro2
    256MB PC2100 Crucial DDR
    60 GIG 7200 RPM Maxtor
    32 MB Nvidia TV Out
    Creative SB Live Value
    431 watt Enermax power supply (whisper series, but with 2 fans on this power supply it's still loud as a mofo)
    Using WIndows XP Pro

Go into the rocks, hide in the ground from dread of the LORD and the splendor of his majesty!

W a y t o g o N u k e !!!!

I knew you could do it buddy, once you got over the faer that is LOL
    If I'm around, you can "bother" me anytime Nuke.

You're welcome, wasn't that fun, hehe ?

Next lesson will be making your own Dos batch files
    Last edited by Norm; 09-01-01 at 10:50 AM.

I wanna make my own dos batch files. What's that do? Do I even have batch files in win2k?
    It's better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

wow nice job fellas.
    Norm ur really a patient guy.
    wasn't sure if he was ever gonna get it but he did
    this is y i keep coming back here.
    always interesting stuff
    Happy Labor Day everyone:2cool:

Originally posted by ncswimmer
    I wanna make my own dos batch files. What's that do? Do I even have batch files in win2k?
    Nope, there's no Dos in Win2K, but you can still make batch files, basically the same thing. Use the Win2K search engine in the "Help" section.

Use "Batch commands", or "commands" as the key search word, it'll have a section with all the commands Win2K will sit up and listen to.
    Do a search on the net for Dos batch files, and start learning.
    I'd show you, but it's way to much for online lessons. If you have minor questions, I'll do what I can, but it's up to you to do a lot of reading and practical work first.
    Have a look at some sample batch files it helps to figure them out.
    .bat files can be viewed, or edited by Right click/edit.

Good Luck

Originally posted by cybotron r_9
    wow nice job fellas.
    Norm ur really a patient guy.
    wasn't sure if he was ever gonna get it but he did
    this is y i keep coming back here.
    always interesting stuff
    Happy Labor Day everyone:2cool:
    Thanks cybotron r_9, that was right kind of you to take the time to post a congrats to us.
    Happy Labor Day to you too

To be honest with all of you I really didn't "have to" format. I just thought I had a lot of junk I didn't need but the comp ran fine. I just wanted to learn something new. I may not know a lot about computers yet but I'm trying my best. Now if someone needs formatting help I can give them pointers or of course the killer LINK........Installing Windows
    I got my first computer, this computer, in february 2001 and SG is where I've learnt everything I know so far from file sharing, tweaks, and some installation issues. SG rocks......
    Last edited by NuclearHeadache; 09-02-01 at 03:38 PM.
    AMD T-Bird 1.2 GHZ
    MSI K7T266 Pro2
    256MB PC2100 Crucial DDR
    60 GIG 7200 RPM Maxtor
    32 MB Nvidia TV Out
    Creative SB Live Value
    Using WIndows XP Pro