Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet Explorer 6 Gold

Originally posted by Prey521

Stop procrastinatin and just download it you pansy. It's better, faster and more reliable, thats all you need to know
    in other words it has that included XP .dll file that tracks everything you do and sends it back to Microsoft huh
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

From what I've learned of IE 6, it has no spyware included
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

On the bottom right of the Explorer widow, you get a 'privacy report' if you click on the icon... its shows its been blocking cookies..

Outlook express becomes version 6, noticed it had extra button 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus' --

One thing I haven't checked out is there also is a 'Encrypt' Button on the tool bar of mail now.........

..only had it installed for 15 mins now...

edit....... maybe the encrypt part has always been there. You have to get a digital ID at This site .. but it costs 14.95 a year.........
    Last edited by BadEditor; 08-27-01 at 09:02 PM.

I can't get it to download from the setup. I think the servers are just overloaded.

Originally posted by Prey521
    I've been runnin IE 6 since it was in it's first beta stages and have never had any problems and I highly doubt that it you'll run into any now that it's Final, give it a shot, don't be a pansy
    I have been running it now for about a month, no problems and runs as fast as IE 5.01 did. Thanks for the download Prey. Keep in mind that I'm running Win2K Pro......Win98SE was a little slow when I tried IE 6 beta, but that was then and this is now!

Ah, finally got the DL going. Nothing was working so I put in @Home proxy information and the DL went. Wonder why I had to do that...

I tried the beta and had problems from the get go!
    I've downloaded and installed this final version and no troubles at all. Me be Happy.
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces people into thinking they can't lose. -Bill Gates

Unhappy

Uh ............
    Could someone tell me why after I d/l the IE6 Setup prog I get a "Required Resource Missing" error?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Advanced Member
    im useing beta, i take it i need to install this again now?

Advanced Member
    im haveing problems with this.

i downloaded it and it installed but said it not everthing was installed?. everytime i reboot the IE6 resume box pops up, telling me that not everything was installed and would i like to resume. i click yes and same thing again. ive tried 4 times now. at a lost with it but the net is working with out problems.

did this happen to anyone else?.

BB_Nemesis.........

Truth is ... I installed it, when it rebooted--IT was the Blue screen from Hél -I had to hit the power, when it reset again-same thing.
    Hit power again, restarted.......took forever it load (was finishing setup...) Then Finally I got my system back! Whew!

I didn't post that, because two weeks ago at the windows update site, upgrading to 5.5 it crashed then Too! - so it was screwed from that point ..........

Anyhow.... did you have most of the updates from windows? Like windows media player 7.0 for instance.. I think it wants to upgrades that..

Can you do a Fresh install of 6.0 again? ...just acting like you never installed it, and doing it one more time..

.... heres a tip on a built in pop-up ad killer
    Last edited by BadEditor; 08-28-01 at 05:02 PM.

Here is the full scope on 6.0 from Cnethttp://www.cnet.com/software/0-32278...-1.html?tag=ld I down loaded it last night.
    THE FIREMAN

I can't get it installed on win95c.

Originally posted by BB_Nemesis
    im haveing problems with this.

i downloaded it and it installed but said it not everthing was installed?. everytime i reboot the IE6 resume box pops up, telling me that not everything was installed and would i like to resume. i click yes and same thing again. ive tried 4 times now. at a lost with it but the net is working with out problems.

did this happen to anyone else?.
    Same exact problems BB...

I'm running the 1st beta of IE6...heck I get the same thing when I tryy to instal the 2nd beta version and I'm getting the same thing with the gold version so I'm screwed as well.

I do have system restore disabled on this WinME machine and don't know if thats the culprit or not..I've tried it both ways but still no go.

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Advanced Member
    same here i was alrdy useing the beta of IE6, if you find a fix post or pm please, thanks...

Either my DSL got re-profiled back to 768/128 or IE6 just kicks ass.. Thanks prey
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Thumbs up No Frickin Way!

Originally posted by EvilAngel
    Either my DSL got re-profiled back to 768/128 or IE6 just kicks ass.. Thanks prey

WOW! EA, you actually D/L'd IE 6 again.....I'm soooooooo proud of you. After all the trouble you had before with the beta I figured you'd wait a little longer.....Good for you!

Just joking bro, I like it alot better than the first betas also.

Re: No Frickin Way!

Originally posted by BMED

WOW! EA, you actually D/L'd IE 6 again.....I'm soooooooo proud of you. After all the trouble you had before with the beta I figured you'd wait a little longer.....Good for you!

Just joking bro, I like it alot better than the first betas also.
    LOL...I know man... I just can't seem to stay away from an update..

I'm back up to 360kbs D/L and simmers down to a reasonable 84kbs...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

If you install it on Windows XP, it will get rid of your IE icons in the quicklaunch bar but you can just make your own shortcut there.

Just installed it and it seems to be working fine for me.