Thread: Game pad v. mouse?

SG Enthusiast

Game pad v. mouse?

I had 2 mice, one logitec wheel, and a ball mouse. I had to give my logitec to my son. One problem..I can`t play UT with the ball mouse. I went out yesterday and bought a Wingman gamepad, the salesman said he used it to play UT. Chris says it is too much work to do all the setting for the thing, I`m thinking he may be right.
    Does anyone use a game pad, and is there an easy way to do all the settings involved? As far as I can see you have the pad itself, and in order for it to work you also have to configure the game preferences individually.
    I thought it might be more fun to have the pad....
    They said there was a 10 day return on it, should I?

IMO, first person shooters should always be played with a mouse + keyboard. Don't know much people who use a game pad to play 1st person shooters.
    Fdisk?
    It only take me one beer to get drunk...just not sure if it's the ninth or tenth one

I seriously have been thinking about using a gamepad to play First Person Games. There are enought buttons to do all the main things you want to do, but i would recommend that if you start playing first person shooters like that. If you played wiht a mouse your whole life then stick to a mouse. Return it
    formerly: Banzaiiboi

Emerald Triangle looking for EA and some trainwreck!
    i always thought that i wouldnt like the mouse and keyboard but after a couple days of using it i would never go back to a gamepad. much more freedom with the mouse, at least i think so!!

fartface

/

i also have a WingMan Gamepad. They are really nice to use on Racing Games. i also use my gamepad for bleem!, which plays playstation games on my computer.

If you want a great mouse/mousepad combo
    get the Logitech Optical Mouse

The blue one meant for right handed people and for the mousepad get a RatPadz

www.ratpadz.com
    The user formally known as jesse23

slunk
    I have grown accustomed to using my PS2 game pad for FPS. I found an adapter that converts both PS2 and N64 controllers to USB for your computer. It is a pretty cheap looking piece of plastic, but it does the job quite well. I only paid $12.90 for but for the overnight priority Fedex it was $30.90 total. It was a little pricey, but I am satisfied. Maybe this sounds like a commercial but I am pretty satisfied with the thing. I got it from http://www.lik-sang.com/. So if you like to use either the two PS2 anolog sticks or the Turok setup on the N64, this converter is the way to go.

ah not this kiddie again.well imho if you wanna kick ass then mouse/keyboard is the only way
    btw jessie23 thats the rat i use,do you use the thumb button?
    i disable it as it seems i keep pressing it accidently hehe
    Last edited by Alby; 08-27-01 at 04:03 AM.

yes i use it for reload in Cs
    The user formally known as jesse23

I play Q3 and I like my Logitech TrackMan Marble+. Its a trackball you work with your thumb. It stays stationary, no chasing mouse across the desk.