Thread: So you'd like to be a radio talk show host?

So you'd like to be a radio talk show host?

I found this while surfing. LOL

For those of you who would like to see where this came from, click here.

Some excerpts.

THE BLAME GAME. BE AGAINST SOMETHING.

I cannot make this point more strongly. Find something to be against. This is not a concept to be taken lightly. Being for something garners the kind of ratings that necessitate public funds and the graveyard shift on NPR. If you want to be for something, don't be a talk show host, join the Peace Corp. Railing against brings out the passion AND the audience; the fans who will follow you into war. The fans who will call other shows and talk about you. The legions who'll write letters espousing your wisdom and shout your name on Larry King; devotees who will be willing to pay big bucks to see your kisser in person when you do your tour; disciples who will buy your books.

DISSENT (THE ART OF HANGING UP)

Remember, it's your show. You always get the last word. Always be ready to articulate closing rhetorical questions at the drop of a hat. Most important, make sure you've already hung up on the caller. Here's a fun note. Never let the caller know you've hung up on them. They'll be responding to your statement for twenty minutes before they realize they're not on the air. That, in fact, is the real reason why we tell them to turn their radio down. I swear, it's a hoot.

Here's another caller tip. When a caller is about to rip apart your argument with facts, immediately hang up on him, then concede that it was your fault; that you hung up by mistake. Announce that if the caller calls back, you'll put him right through. (See YOUR SCREENER)

YOUR SCREENER (THE GATE KEEPER)

This trusted servant should NEVER put through any call that you just hung up on, no matter what. He should only let through the supporters of your position, or even better, lame defenders of the opposition. He should be sharp enough to differentiate between real fans who are only calling to agree and those who are faking it.
    LOL Isn't that the truth?
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

LOL, thats a good one. I've always wanted to host my own radio show, something techy like Chris Pirillo from LockerGnome, his show rules.
    Have your feelings been hurt by a random act of E-Thuggery? If so, call 1-800-Waaaaahmbulance, we're here 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, to take your call, you could be due a large monetary settlement, don't delay, call now.

"Please be careful prior to entering the world wide web, the internet is serious business"

I like Howard Stern but I dont know what he's against or for. Hes got lesbians on the show and some pretty funny material; thats good enough for me.

I think you can. I remember Lycos has this service that lets you talk at home if you have a mic and something to play with.
    Live to chase your dream...

Originally posted by ExtraCrispy MMs
    I think you can. I remember Lycos has this service that lets you talk at home if you have a mic and something to play with.

Hummm...that would be right up Prey's alley.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.