Thread: Board, CPU, RAM

Board, CPU, RAM

I have a motherboard complete with CPU and Ram that I am trying to find a good home for. Would like to give it to someone who really needs it or knows someone who could really use a computer. Just would rather see some deserving kid end up with his first computer that maybe his parents can't afford rather than use it for another test system of some kind. Anyway if you know someone who could use it PM or E-mail me. Thanks

Tyan Motherboard
    Pentium 233MMX CPU w/heatsink & fan
    Not sure about the amount of memory. I believe it is at least 64MB but not sure. THey are simms, but the board has a couple of DIMM sockets. SIMM and DIMM can't be used at the same time however.

I know a family that lives in the same apartment as me that would want it... they are pretty poor as far as that goes and would love it!

I let them play my pc all the time and they go wild! (they are both around 8 - 10 )

ииии

ииии

donate it to a local elementary school near you,,I know personally that most need that stuff.

Is it a slot 1? if it is I have my old 350 I could give them as well... and gobs of video games for there entertainment

ииии

ииии

Originally posted by PING
    Is it a slot 1? if it is I have my old 350 I could give them as well... and gobs of video games for there entertainment
    it's a socket 7. 233 is the tops for this board I believe

Broke
    I've found a few kids in the past that needed one and donated some of my old machines to them, 3 I think to date.
    Schools are also a good cause.
    Sometimes some of the special needs organizations in your area may also need computers but funding may not help them enough.
    I know groups like mens and womens shelters can also use them.
    I'm kinda thinkin some of the shelters may be a great cause when I get any more, excellent tool for looking for work and information.
    Look locally Bro, I'm sure there are some great causes in your own backyard.
    You may also see if you have a volenteer organization in your area they may need it also, or know of someone who does...
    In my books a 233 is still a great machine for someone who does not have.

Right now our school has 9 computer labs with around 35 comps in each lab. Then it has a computer in Each classroom. So schools have a lot of comps. I would say you best bet is a needy family.
    We have seen their kind before. They're the heirs of all the murderous ideologies of the 20th century. By sacrificing human life to serve their radical visions, by abandoning every value except the will to power, they follow in the path of fascism, Nazism and totalitarianism. And they will follow that path all the way to where it ends in history's unmarked grave of discarded lies.

Thanks all, I appreciate the responses. The only reason I was leaning towards someone on here who would know someone who may need it is because it's only the board, cpu, and RAM. I have donated a few machines before around here and they generally like to get them in running shape. no assembly required type stuff.