Thread: NetGear RO318--Registry Tweaks

Chuckee

Question NetGear RO318--Registry Tweaks

From DSLReports http://monitor.dslreports.com/tweak/...k&via=pppoeTCP options string = 020405ac01010402

MTU = 1492
    MTU seems to be optimized for PPPoE... If you are not on a PPPoE connection, consider increasing your MTU to 1500 for optimal throughput.

MSS = 1452
    Maximum useful data in each packet = 1452, which is equal to MSS.
    MSS is optimized for PPPoE. If you are not on a PPPoE connection, consider increasing your MTU value.

Default Receive Window (RWIN) = 2048
    RWIN Scaling (RFC1323) = 0 bits
    Unscaled Receive Window = 2048
    For optimum performance, consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS.
    Other values for RWIN that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:
    511104 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 8)
    255552 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 4)
    127776 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 2)
    63888 (MSS x 44)

bandwidth * delay product:
    Your RcvWindow limits you to: 81.92 kbps (10.24 KBytes/s) @ 200ms
    Your RcvWindow limits you to: 32.768 kbps (4.096 KBytes/s) @ 500ms
    Consider increasing your RWIN value to optimize TCP/IP for broadband.

MTU Discovery (RFC1191) = ON

Time to live left = 112 hops
    TTL value is ok.

Timestamps (RFC1323) = OFF

Selective Acknowledgements (RFC2018) = ON

IP type of service field (RFC1349)= 00000000

After alot of playing finally found how to adjust MSS/MTU using the Netgear Router...(telnet into router and type ip adjmss ****) If router looses power, it defaults back to MSS = 1400. I am only able to make minor changes to RWIN through registry tweaks by putting very large values. DslReports will show what I value is in registry, but this site shows 2048. Why? I believe the router makes the modification as it does with MSS. If this is true does anyone know how to make the correct modifications. I have tried placing registry tweak in the normal locations and under interfaces with no results. Help at this point is greatly appreciated.

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    DSLR is reading whats in your registry while ours reads what is on net, MSS is set automattically by what MTU is -40. You need to set rwin again , Do you by chance have a dialup modem in your computer, if you do, try removing it through device manager, then reboot, Windows will find it again and maybe your right RWIN