Thread: Altering Upstream And Downstream With DOCSIS ?

At_Something

Altering Upstream And Downstream With DOCSIS ?

I Hered About An Program Ore Protocol Called DOCSIS That Alters The Cable Modem's CMOS Just Like The BIOS Alters The Pc's Cmos.
    If This Is True , Is There Then Anny Way To Alter The Cable's Upstream And Downstream Youreselfs With DOCSIS ?

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    DOCSIS ( Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification ) is the Cable Modem standard that defines the interface requirements of high-speed data transmission over cable networks. You can also see the CableLabs® CertifiedTM logo on some modems, which also means the modem is DOCSIS compliant.For more info on this and other upcoming project, visit CableLabs.

At_Something
    I Did Some Further Research And I Found Out That Cisco Has An Program That Can Edit And Change The DOCSIS Wit An Program Called Cisco DOCSIS CPE Configurator .

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    I don't know anything about that but be carefull or you will be putting on large pot of coffee

akhoury1

yes you can and no you can't

yes there is programs can can change the cmos on the modem itself, but you can't change the upstream and downstream speeds.
    The reason for that is the modem uses 2 different files a boot file, which is the one that could be updated with the program you mentioned, and the other file is the configuration file which has the Qos (quality of service ) in it, this file controls your upload and download and it cannot be changed except by the service provider, this file is actually created when you purchase the service and the modem will not get online till it downloads this file and configures itself to it.