Thread: Anyone ever have kidney stones?

Blog Entries

Question Anyone ever have kidney stones?

I think I may possibly have one...I've got bad pains on the right side of my body on the backside just below the rib cage, roughly about where the kidney is...probably will call the doctor about it tomorrow, but want to know if I'm possilbly right in my self diagnosis...
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

I don't know, but my uncle has had kidney stones on 4 separate occassions!

LOL....If you have a kidney stone, you wont' make it till tommorow.....cuz it will hurt too bad....

I know...I've had 7 of them. All were small and I passed them in less than 5 or 6 hours. The last took me 3 trips to the hospital to get rid of.

Lower right side? Hurt like hell? Man just go to the emergency room.

I usually can't hardly talk when I'm full blown hurting. It's simply unbelievable!!!

IndyOST if you can find someone to drive you, get going now. You'll have paper work to finish and I'm here to tell you, you won't hardly be able to.

I see this post is a while ago, chances are you won't even read it, but if not, I'm wishing you good luck man..

Blog Entries
    The weird thing is, that it started out of the blue last night...has slowly gotten worse over the last day...possibly a kidney infection maybe?
    ------
    “The most beautiful thing we can experience in life is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: for his eyes are closed.” - Albert Einstein

Could be....I'm not a doctor, but I'm working on my protology degree....

It could still be a stone only it's letting some fluid pass from the kidney to the bladder and your kidney is backing up.

Still it won't hurt to see a doctor.

What is it with us men. You know, I'll feel better tommorow syndrom? I know thats how I am.

Have it looked at. You'll probably have an xray or two. Let us know how it turns out.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've already decided to call the doc in the am...side bothers me too much
    ------

Originally posted by IndyOST
    The weird thing is, that it started out of the blue last night...has slowly gotten worse over the last day...possibly a kidney infection maybe?
    Hey bro get some Monostat7 and mix it with pure vinigar then break out the turkey baster and... well, ya know...lol j/k
    Quote Originally Posted by The Devil
    Tolerance is a virtue, not a requirement.
    SG Theme Song

Blog Entries

Ow!

Ow!

Stop! That hurts
    ------

See my first post.......the pain is truly unbelievable............

If you can find someone to drive you.....go to an emergency room.

Your doctor will order xrays from a hospital anyway since there is dye and whatnot involved so there really isn't any reason to put it off if your in a lot of pain.

If your truly having an attack, you can get some painrelief. Once the staff suspects you really have one, they get right on the ball helping you out.

Don't forget about Gall stones (gallbadder). Similar to kidney stones, very painful!!!

Lower right side, grows in intensity, can even mimick a heart attack (chest pains)

Think ya might have a kidny stone??? Ohh man just hearing that word makes me cring. Aren't those the ones that have to come out your... And are like pieces of calcium deposits? Damn that sux IndyOST. I hope ya don't have one. I've never had one but just thinking about it puts me in pain. Hope ya feel better. Peace:2cool:
    "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift."--Steve Prefontaine

We'll I was lookin around for ya and found some more info on Kidney Stones. Some of the ways to treat them will put you at ease and some of them well may... You get the idea. Here's the link

Kindey Stones

Peace:2cool:
    "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift."--Steve Prefontaine

Well my dad had it a while ago. He found it early, took some medicine the doctor gave for a period of time, and drank lots of water. Now hes fine.

You better see a doctor soon about this. From what I know and have seen, kidney stones are VERY painful. A teacher I had Had stones before, and she said the pain is like giving birth. Just remember to drink lots of water and pee a lot. Dont ever hold your pee, if you have to go, go. Everytime a person pees, tiny stones actually come out.(its what i've heard)

Blog Entries

Smile

Went to the doctors today...doesn't appear to be kidney stones (pains were too low - about 2 inches too low), so the doctor thinks it may be back spasms...they've got me on muscle relaxants (sp?) to help ease the pain....here's hoping
    ------

wow, good luck man. hopefully back spasms are the lesser of the two evils.