Thread: Question for Mouse

Question Question for Mouse

Im a little confused about moving my XP post. I understand it falls under the "Software" question field, but what is the point of the General Forum than? We have questions in this forum about Non Computer related issues all the time that arent moved, so why not leave this question which deals with a computer issue albeit a software one where more people can check it out?

Everyone knows that the General forum gets the most attention etc, and I know that they will see it was moved so its the same idea, but I guess it just seems kind of lame if you will to move a computer related question to another forum board and leave ones about love, politics and religion in here.

plus she didnt move brent's post about the HardOCP server farm, which would classify as hardware i believe

no offense man but that sounds dumb, its like being a lawyer and asking the secretary why she moved the accident victim file out of the Divorce folder and into the accident claims folder...

love religion and politics go in the gen forum, software goes in teh software forum, u dont need mouse to say that, most ppl can, and i hope u dont need a deeper explanation, i mean hey teh cable modem and teaking threads are popular, using ur logic i should post classifeds in one of those lol

Kudos to you roody for bringing this up!

I feel that this has been a lot of fellow S/Gers Question for a long time.

Like I have said on many occasions:The topic clearly says,Any topics related to SpeedGuide.net, PCs, The Net, Life and the Universe...

good point, it does say "PC's" in the description, software and hardware would fall into that category

Originally posted by YARDofSTUF
    no offense man but that sounds dumb, its like being a lawyer and asking the secretary why she moved the accident victim file out of the Divorce folder and into the accident claims folder...

love religion and politics go in the gen forum, software goes in teh software forum, u dont need mouse to say that, most ppl can, and i hope u dont need a deeper explanation, i mean hey teh cable modem and teaking threads are popular, using ur logic i should post classifeds in one of those lol
    well you know I certainly respect your opinion Yard, but dumb isnt something that my question sounded like. Its a pretty valid point actually. Im not here as everyone knows to stir up controversy , only questioning what seems to be selective moves in regards to some posts. I believe the point made after mine was a good one. Why leave a hardware question in and take a software one out?

thats simple, no offence brent, but the hardware post was posted to the general forum by a mod

Look folks, its the mods job to keep the threads in some sort of order. SpeedGuide is first and foremost a tweak/info site. Info is much easier to parse when organized. Its not a slap in the face when yer threads get shuffled around, but someone trying to help ya out. Chances are that a "software" question will get answered better by the lurkers in that forum. Now I can see that the Gen forum gets more traffic, if you do see that your thread is gathering dust, just link it. Vegeto recently did this, seems to work fine. Dunno what the mods think about that, but seems harmless enough to me.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Re: Question for Mouse

Originally posted by Roody
    Im a little confused about moving my XP post. I understand it falls under the "Software" question field, but what is the point of the General Forum than? We have questions in this forum about Non Computer related issues all the time that arent moved, so why not leave this question which deals with a computer issue albeit a software one where more people can check it out?

Everyone knows that the General forum gets the most attention etc, and I know that they will see it was moved so its the same idea, but I guess it just seems kind of lame if you will to move a computer related question to another forum board and leave ones about love, politics and religion in here.

why all the sniveling and stirring the pot!?

why cry about what is done or not done for other people?

so what!

worry about yourself,and do the right thing!

all the posts get answered in the correct forums,it may take longer .but oh well!

if you understand that an XP question falls under the software forum,HELLO! then post it there.

that way you don't have to snivel and you know you did the right thing!

and nobody can say anything about what you do...get it?

brents post was about another forum not really hardware,

and besides,,,why don't all of you just stop worrying about what Brent does all the time,

what he does is not your concern!

god damn! give a rest!! leave it alone already,jeeeeezz!!

SO WHAT!!!!!

if thats what the admins and mods want to try to get done ,then work with it,and stop crying about it....

Originally posted by brembo
    Look folks, its the mods job to keep the threads in some sort of order. SpeedGuide is first and foremost a tweak/info site. Info is much easier to parse when organized. Its not a slap in the face when yer threads get shuffled around, but someone trying to help ya out. Chances are that a "software" question will get answered better by the lurkers in that forum. Now I can see that the Gen forum gets more traffic, if you do see that your thread is gathering dust, just link it. Vegeto recently did this, seems to work fine. Dunno what the mods think about that, but seems harmless enough to me.
    thats a good point Brembo. Please dont misunderstand me though everyone. Im not here trying to create trouble. Im just a little confused on what the point was. I look all over this particular forum board right now and see all kinds of posts made today alone that have absolutely nothing to do with computers and yet the one question I asked which is clearly stated under the "General Forum Board" as being an acceptable topic is moved. I just found that odd thats all, nothing more , nothing less.

Originally posted by CompGeek83
    thats simple, no offence brent, but the hardware post was posted to the general forum by a mod
    yeah brent always does that, a pc farm is like a woman to him or something.

Roody, i realize it says PCs but theres a forum for what ur talking about, why not put it there, the gen forum is so popular cuz there are alot of ppl here now or alot more that dont know much, u'll get as many GOOD responses about the XP issue in the software forum as in here, just less spam.

Originally posted by YARDofSTUF

yeah brent always does that, a pc farm is like a woman to him or something.

Roody, i realize it says PCs but theres a forum for what ur talking about, why not put it there, the gen forum is so popular cuz there are alot of ppl here now or alot more that dont know much, u'll get as many GOOD responses about the XP issue in the software forum as in here, just less spam.
    I can understand that Yard. Good point. My mistake occured when I made this a public post something with which I shouldnt have done whether I was right or wrong. Unfortunately, im afraid some made it worse than it was. Oh well no harm no foul i guess

Mostly i think me and crazy are dead tired of the questioning of the rules, i first started reading ur reply and thought "GOD hes one of them too!" lol

Ppl need to start posting in the right place, but hye u listened to the responses and judged them fairly, thanks for that!

Unfortunately, im afraid some made it worse than it was. Oh well no harm no foul i guess
    thats right some is ME everyone,I am not ashamed of that,what I say is what I feel.

no harm ,no foul!!! heh?

don't start it unless you are prepared.

I will defend the mods and Brent for their actions,.

im getting that warm fuzzy feeling haha. Good to see that you guys understood where I was coming from. Certainly meant no harm. I still feel my question was a valid one though. Its alright to question things in life if you ask respectfully and looking back on my original post I believe that is what I did.

Ive been a member here for quite sometime now and I have tended to avoid such topics like the plaque. This time though I suppose I didnt

i haven't read this whole thread, Making some Pudding right now

but i'll chim in with what i dink

Linking to Threads is OKIDOKY

For example if it's a software question you have post it in the Software forum, then if you want your buddies in the General Forum to see it Post a thread saying Hey help me out! or I gotta question or etc... you get the idea and put the Link to your thread in that thread so they know where to go and answer it

like Vegeto did today.... that is okidoky with me

If your thread deals with a certain topic that we have a forum topic for here on the Forum we'll move it to that topic....

but if it don't have a forum topic it belongs in the general forum

gotta keep things organized

yes the general forum gets used a lot, and if we let all posts go here the other forums would be more neglected then they are....

by organizing them we are dividing up and giving them a chance to procreate

get it?

ok my pudding is almost ready.....
    "Would you mind not standing on my chest, my hats on fire." - The Doctor

im getting that warm fuzzy feeling haha. Good to see that you guys understood where I was coming from. Certainly meant no harm. I still feel my question was a valid one though. Its alright to question things in life if you ask respectfully and looking back on my original post I believe that is what I did.

Ive been a member here for quite sometime now and I have tended to avoid such topics like the plaque. This time though I suppose I didnt
    warm & fuzzy is good,,I get that feeling at speedguide all the time!!!!LOL

take care Roody,,

Okay hold up before everyone starts getting mad.

The way that I have been deciding what get's moved and what stays is this:

The General forum is for open discussion on any topic, "Any topics related to SpeedGuide.net, PCs, The Net, Life and the Universe... Please try to keep your posts PG-13 and avoid spam"

If your Topic in the Genral Forum is "What do you think", "I just Heard" or anything else that is generated as informing or looking for Opinions, will not be moved.

However if the Topic is geared towards requesting Technical help, then I am moving that thread to the appropriate forum.

The whole reason for this, is to keep the forum balanced and to be able to Provide the most help to the person asking the Questions. The people who hang out in the Software forum and others are better to answer the questions.

And that is not implying that we are idiots in the General forum, We have a lot of very experianced people in here also.

Thanks
    Mouse
    Last edited by mouse; 07-19-01 at 10:17 PM.

Mouse take that back! I am an idiot. Look at my member status. Its a fact.

heh
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

Originally posted by mouse
    Okay hold up before everyone starts getting mad.
    Hah Yardini calmed it all down

and brembo... UR AN IDIOT (hey he wanted it)