Thread: Memmory Managers...

Memmory Managers...

What are your comments on Memory Managers...i.e. Memory Booster Good? and remcomended ones? I also am wondering about the ones that defrag your ram...? i.e. http://connectiva.tucows.com/preview/190609.html comments please
    The only way to stop software piracy, is to make games SO cheap, it's not even worth burning. That might be a while..hehe

Lurkers.... Answer was given on the "General" discussion board.

Doc
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Panama City, FL and a FAN of Dale Earnhardt Jr. Bud Chevy & NASCAR , and the Atlanta Braves
    I don't use any of this mess as it is just something else running that slows you down and uses RAM to run

I used to have a low memory system and used Memturbo. but if you have 64mbram or more and only run 2 or 3 programs at a time there is no need for a memory manager.

Smile

Memeory managers are only useful if you have win 95 or you have more than 256MB ram. They are not useful if you have win98 or win ME. Especially in ME if you use memory managers like cacheman and memturbo it decreases performance.

I have tried memtrubo, cacheman and a few others and i have come to the conclusion that 98 and ME don't need memory managers. Windows does a fine job by itself.

You have not posted your system specs and your windows version. These would help. I don't know much about win 2000 as i have nevered used it. If you have win2000 just ignore me.

Banned
    If u are running Windows 98, u know all about the notorious memory leak. RAMpage is a pretty good memory manager and only uses up about 188Kb of memory. On the other hand, there is a patch offered by Speedguide that will fix that messy leak

RAMpage also comes bundled with a rr.exe file that, when configured, will release more RAM when an app closes.

Click on RAMpage for the link
    Last edited by SannieRose; 06-28-01 at 06:51 PM.