Thread: Downgraded to win 98 from win 2k and CS is choppy...

Downgraded to win 98 from win 2k and CS is choppy...

Downgraded to win 98 from win 2k and CS is choppy now... I downgraded because win 2k would lock up during CS loading phase. Now that I am on win 98 I get no more lockups but I have noticed choppy play. I usually have a ping of 60-80 on the servers I play and I have installed the speed tweaks from this site for win 98. What could it be???? Has anybody else seen this too??? BTW it is especially choppy when I am jumping alot....

Thanks in advance

Chimmy

Counter-Strike Addict AoDLiQuiD-M3tH's Avatar
    Did you reload your drivers for vid card and sound card plus if so try again might not of takin properly. But cs should run fine on win2k that prcticly all i play on win2k and never had a problem, sounds like you had a vid driver prob on your win2k setup with cs. 1 more thing what type of vid card do u have.
    -[AoD]-LiQuiD>M3tH-[SA]-
    -[AoD]-Clan General

www.Counter-Strike.net

Re: Downgraded to win 98 from win 2k and CS is choppy...

Originally posted by chimdogger
    Downgraded to win 98 from win 2k and CS is choppy now... I downgraded because win 2k would lock up during CS loading phase. Now that I am on win 98 I get no more lockups but I have noticed choppy play. I usually have a ping of 60-80 on the servers I play and I have installed the speed tweaks from this site for win 98. What could it be???? Has anybody else seen this too??? BTW it is especially choppy when I am jumping alot....

Thanks in advance

Chimmy
    CS locked up because your video drivers were not up to date (nvidia)?

ииии

ииии