Thread: Problem problem problem

Problem problem problem

Ok, here's the problem...
    I m trying to fix my uncle's laptop, which got screwed. Getting error message like not enough memory to do stuff. eg. Not enough memory to run shell32.dll. When ever I click on 1 button, it pops an error message. Anyways, here's the computer specs:

P120
    32MB
    1.2GB
    Floppy
    PCIMIA cd-rom

Not finish yet. Then i couldn't format cuz the cd-rom won't work in dos, so i deceided to reinstall windows (only 170MB of space left by now). After i installed it, it's going ok until hardware detection, finalizing screen. It was saying that not enough memory to run Shell32.dll and I know it's screwed. So waht I m doing now is.....deleteing everything except the CABS folder from windows directory, try to install from the CABS. Anyone other ways of solving it? Or does this CABS method works?

Is there anyway you can test the ram in that thing. It sounds like you have a ram problem. I don't know too much about labtops though. Just an Idea.

RicRogue
    Horizon Web Design

Are you Saved??? Click here to find out how you can be.

marwah
    If you have floppy drive. Make win 98 recovery cd with cd rom support in any win98 running machine and boot the laptop with that disk. go to a: prompt and say "format c: and hit enter. This apply if you decided to leave behind your previous intall window system. format the whole drive c and than go t cd rom drive what ever letter example D and run your fresh window9x agian. I hope this would work

Bye

Harpreet