Thread: Grrr...stupid, stupid, stupid

Grrr...stupid, stupid, stupid

I just bit the bullet and got myself a nice digital camera. Sony Cyber-shot. Takes killer pics, its a 3.3 megapixel, 6 power zoom, usb connection. But look at this:

MSAC-US1 Memory Stick Adaptor Drivers

MSAC-US1 and Intel Pentium IV Incompatibility
    The MSAC-US1 is not recommended for use with Intel Pentium IV Computer Systems. The Pentium IV was introduced by Intel after the MSACUS1 was developed by Sony, therefore a compatibility issue may occur under some circumstances.

I had to dig pretty deep in Sonys page to find this nugget of info. You would think that a conflict of this nature would be easier to find. So now I'm stuck with a hard decision. Take the camera back, or just live with importing the pics in from my laptop. This camera takes such good pics I hate to take it back.

Anybody know a workaround so I can get my P4 to recognize the usb hard drive?
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.

brembo, I'll bet you could find a camera in the same price range with the same features.

Wow...you'd think that anyplace that sold that camera would have placed a notice sticker or something. Sounds like typical Sony to not put any kind of compatability notice on at least the box.

If it were me, I'd take it back. Just my opinion though. If you can live with moving them back and forth from your laptop. I wonder if Sony has found a workaround yet? You might check where you got your camera at.

Okay, update. I now have managed to get the Sony Mass Storage Drivers in the USB Controllers. The disk drives see a Sony removable disk drive, and the Hard Disk controllers see the sony usb device. There is a little icon in the My Computer window, Removable Disk Drive, but I cannot access it. Device not ready...oh well. Gonna keep crackin at this.
    Tao_Jones Cult Member since 2004
    I gave Miss Manners a Dirty Sanchez, and she LIKED it.