Thread: How do you store your CD's?

Question How do you store your CD's?

All my store-bought are in cases on shelves.

But my CDR collection is approaching 400 disks. I ran out of cases for them a long time ago and they're just piling up in places around the apartment. Not good.

I already have 4 portable cases, and they're fine but It's a hassle to keep track of them. The CaseLogic ones seem popular but I worry about the zippers going on them. Every time I see on of the big 48 or 72 disk CaseLogics then the zipper is trashed.

Recently got a 24 disk metal CDProjects case. Happy with it so far, and is spring closing instead of zippered.

What do you use for your CD's?

I was at Sam's Club one day or BJ's or one of those wholesale joints and saw a sweet deal. A 40 pack of Jewel cases for $9.99. I only bought 2 packs and I kick myself in the ass for not buying more. Its definetly a problem.
    She's presenting like a mandrill!

Originally posted by 64bit
    I was at Sam's Club one day or BJ's or one of those wholesale joints and saw a sweet deal. A 40 pack of Jewel cases for $9.99. I only bought 2 packs and I kick myself in the ass for not buying more. Its definetly a problem.
    Thanks for the reply. That does seem like a good deal. I just feel like an ass buying cases for jewel cases for some reason. They're bulkier too, and the portable cases hold so many, it seems to make good sense.

Comp USA was selling a box of 50 for 15 bucks a while back. If your into all them boots, you also need doubles and triples.

You can find double's at Comp USA...(elsewhere also but Comp is the cheapest I've found) and I get triples and album plastic sleeves and other storage things from www.bagsunlimited.com

You'll have to order a free catalog from them but you'll be glad you did!

Since you brought that subject up, what are you storing all them CD's in/on?

I've a cd bookshelf that my wife bought "me" (lol) for christimas a few years ago. It holds around 350 cd's...It wasn't big enough when she bought it.

Sooo...I'm on vacation this next week. I suppose I'm going to buy a sheet of 3/4 oak plywood and make me a new one.

I'll probably end up buying one or having one built before it's over!

I have a spinner then I have kept the CD Holders that can hold 50 CDs and I just use that when there arent any CDs left.
    We have seen their kind before. They're the heirs of all the murderous ideologies of the 20th century. By sacrificing human life to serve their radical visions, by abandoning every value except the will to power, they follow in the path of fascism, Nazism and totalitarianism. And they will follow that path all the way to where it ends in history's unmarked grave of discarded lies.

I store them wherever.

But as far as deals go, nothing beats the 100 PNY CDR's for $8 deal that Staples had for like 5 days.

Originally posted by downhill

Since you brought that subject up, what are you storing all them CD's in/on?

Well, store-boughts are ALMOST covered. I have about 350, and at least 300 of them are on racks.

2 nice wooden cases that have inserts for jewel cases. Hold about 50 apiece.

I use the 2 of them to support a homemade shelf/case that I built a couple of years ago out of redwood scraps. Holds ~200. I can take a picture if you like. Turned out great considering all I had to measure with was a piece of string

It's the damn CDR's that are everywhere. I literally have hundreds. I like using the small portable cases of 24 or more rather then having hundreds of jewel cases that in turn must be stored somewhere else. On the other hand, having 15 portable CD cases would be expensive and unorganized too

Well your probably going to think I'm crazy but I have a program that I use to keep track of what I have.

It's called OYC. (Organize Your Collection).

Every album, or cd or cdr that I own is listed by artist, title, song, date released, value, company, and type of music. My wife thinks I'm nuts but its kinda fun to see how many songs I have that start with hummmm red or bl

It comes in handy when I want to redo my collection acording to artist in alphabetical order.

Yeah I know you can use Acess or Excel for that but neither did what I wanted to do.....

Gone Camping
    Northern AB, CA, turn left Alaska, Turn right, Yukon Territoies
    I store mine face up or face down...lol
    Maybe not the best way but hey, it works, sort of...

SG Enthusiast
    i go to walmart and get those huge magazines that hold like 224 cds, i buy one and whenever that one is full i go get another one. thwey are only like 30 bucks but i still have like 150 empty cases lying around so whenever i fill up another magazine i fill up the cases.

Originally posted by fastspaz
    i go to walmart and get those huge magazines that hold like 224 cds, i buy one and whenever that one is full i go get another one. thwey are only like 30 bucks but i still have like 150 empty cases lying around so whenever i fill up another magazine i fill up the cases.
    Are they CaseLogics? Do the zippers still work? How old are they?

Blog Entries

Smile

Hi Humboldt

Jewel cases, stored on a book rack i bought that is sized just right, plus a few plastic standup cases i have for Jazz, Christmas Music, Classical etc.

take good care of your CD's as they can be easily damaged, despite popular belief.

regards minir

Floating down a river of Dingleberry Juice
    My way takes more work, but I really like it. I fold a piece of paper in half, and then I cut it like a 't'.

1-----------------------1
    1 1
    1 1
    1 1
    1 1
    1 1
    --------------------------
    1 1
    1 1
    1 1
    1 1

I fold the bottom half up and fold over the sides. After taping it, it makes a PERFECT cd case. Then I write on the top what's in it. I think put them in ABC order in a shoebox. I have over 200cd's nice stacked this way. Then, I have a cd case holding my backup and mp3's and another case for my games. I'm never confused where things are and I never lose a disc!
    MSI 845 Ultra-ARU
    p4 1.8a @ 47 BILLION
    radeon8500 (4 HS's)
    2 80gig WD se's raid0/120gig WD
    30gigWD/15gigMaxtor/1.2gig WD
    512megs corsair pc3000xms