Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: How Many People Here Smoke Weed? Whats your opinion on Weed (Marijuana)?

Detroit, Michigan Internet: Comcast Narrowband
    Neh, still pointless..
    Work: DQ
    Comp: AXP 1600+, MSI K7T266a Pro2 RU, 512MB PC2100, GF3 Ti200 128MB

Originally posted by Ronny
    rgon,you did not offend me. we both merily stated our opions and i respect yours.
    have a great day
    That's great Ronny, just think about what you said. First, if there was a mandatory 10 year hard labor sentence for possession how many prisons do you figure would have to be built? Not to mention a good majority of America would be in prison. Second, have you ever done time? If so you wouldn't be so quick to request such a sentence. Maybe you should be required to do 10 months hard labor for even suggesting such an idiotic law. Anyway, have a great day and may everything come up roses for you.
    -Bob

Blog Entries
    I had posted my opinion in a previous thread.

Read the Seed.... I am almost in full agreement with him.

Nice link, mouse

I should add, I never smoked pot or have been drunk. The last time EtOH has past my lips was at my own Bar-Mitzvah. I do not see anything wrong with others enjoyment of it.

shant,
    david
    Last edited by David; 06-19-01 at 05:58 PM.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Great site mouse I BM it. Hey Seed how far away did you say the netherlands were agian?

Originally posted by jeremyboycool
    Great site mouse I BM it. Hey Seed how far away did you say the netherlands were agian?
    Uuuhhh... a VERY rough estimate: 5000-6000 miles?!? Aaaaaall the way across the Atlantic ocean... a long way to swim unless you can pay for a plane / ship ticket...
    ex-WoW-addict

nice link mouse... but what cought my eye was that there are 800 chemicals "compairs to cancer sticks which have lke 4000" but like 16 of them cause cancer.....
    so i mean u might not ever get cancer from smokin pot but it is always a posiblity

but another thing if it is sooooooooooooooo harmless... then why is it illegal here in the us?

what made the government say they dont want us cidosines smokin pot?

some one awnser those
    ------------------------------------------------
    .specs.
    Abit Nf7-S rev 2~AMD AThlon xp 2500+ ~(1.83ghz)@3400+(2.442ghz)~tt valconoe 12+~Geil Ultra Series~256MB DDR PC-3500~ATI-AIW-Radeon~9800pro-128mb_ddr~100 gig' for xp
    ---------------------------------------------

Originally posted by pimptrizkit
    but another thing if it is sooooooooooooooo harmless... then why is it illegal here in the us?
    I know it is considered rude to answer questions with counter-questions, but here it goes.... if it is sooooooooo dangerous, why is it pretty much legal here? Well, not legal, but tolerated, up to the point that it's sold in gov't controlled stores?

Good question though, because I really have no idea why it is highly illegal in the US. Look at the facts. The AMA (American Medical Association; you'd think they know what they're talking about) demand the legalization of pot. They state it is in any case less harmful than alcohol. Let's see... could it be that the alcohol industry lobbies against mj for fear of loosing their profits once mj were legalized? I think that would be my best guess as to why it's illegal in the US, and many other countries. I mean, look at this thread alone. There are a bunch of people who said that they quit smoking mj for one reason only, the fear of going to jail for it. Don't you think they'd replace at least some of their alcohol consumption by weed if it were legal? And at least over here it's MUCH cheaper to get a buzz off weed than off alcohol.

Cheers,
    Ronald
    ex-WoW-addict

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by pimptrizkit
    nice link mouse... but what cought my eye was that there are 800 chemicals "compairs to cancer sticks which have lke 4000" but like 16 of them cause cancer.....
    so i mean u might not ever get cancer from smokin pot but it is always a posiblity

what made the government say they dont want us cidosines smokin pot?

some one awnser those
    How many carcinogens in a flame broiled "Whopper"?
    What does chronic alcoholism do to the body?
    How much sugar is in a can of Pepsi, and what is its effects on the body?
    Ever here of prohibition? What was its secondary effects (Read: Organised crime)?

If Anheiser-Busch and Georgia-Pacific decided to lobby MJ.... You may actually see it legalised (Note: I say this with a tad of sarcasm).
    They are many stories as to why pot was made illegal. I heard tales of Mexican bashing to paper/tree industries to morality police. Take your pick.

Hell_Yes

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pot is legal for Native Americans who live on a reservation. Go figure that one out and you'll be the one who legalizes it.

I understand it cultural, but if it's bad for us, then why isn't it bad for them? sounds like the pale faces are once again, trying to kill off the Indians!

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by uod2001
    Pot is legal for Native Americans who live on a reservation. Go figure that one out and you'll be the one who legalizes it.

I understand it cultural, but if it's bad for us, then why isn't it bad for them? sounds like the pale faces are once again, trying to kill off the Indians!
    I believe peyote is legal as well.
    Of course the Native Americans are permitted to govern themselves outside of the Fed as long as they are on their own reserved lands. (No foolin', dave!)
    The ammount of marijuana inhaled to catch a tasty buzz is probably less harmful that a can of cola or a side of bacon. You hit it right, it is cultural.

Hell_Yes

Certified SG Addict
    Worse than warez

I'm interested in your opinions on my research paper I did for my Comp 2 class today...

State if you are for or against marijuana use and then how you feel after reading my paper.

Personally if after reading my paper you still feel marijuana is bad I would really like to know why.

check it out here
    http://pohlmanpc.com/test/ResearchPaper.htm

and the links where I got my information
    http://pohlmanpc.com/test/WorksCited.htm

thanks

Jen's Best Friend RoscoPColtrane's Avatar
    Never have never will. This is coming from someone whose first drink was on his honeymoon at age 20, but hey it was in canada so it was legal! On this note i have never smoked a regular cigarette and never plan to. Never even tried it, don't want to.

I know some people that smoke weed and ive been around the stuff (at concerts and whatnot) Personally i think it smells like SHiat and don't understnad someone wanting to inhale that crap but hey its their lungs not mine. As long as they don't cause me problems while being high...whatever. I don't believe it should be legalized because that will just lead to other drugs being legalized in the future...
    ****************************************************************************************
    Abit NF7-S 2.0, Barton 2500+ @ 2.2 Ghz, 2 Gig ddr3200, 80gig Seagate HDD, ATI x850 PRO @ 550/600, WinXP Pro

J B K M

Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl XL Champions!!!!!

I dont know if this has been posted in thease 10 pages but> there was a really good documentary about marajuwanna that aired 2 days ago .. woody harleson (dude from cheers) was narrating. Changed my views on the legalization/ regulation of weed.

at this time would like to appologize for my crappy spelling.

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Tony T's post made a lot of sense....I'm guessing that he and his friends never used brownie mix......
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by JBKM
    Never have never will. This is coming from someone whose first drink was on his honeymoon at age 20, but hey it was in canada so it was legal! On this note i have never smoked a regular cigarette and never plan to. Never even tried it, don't want to.

I know some people that smoke weed and ive been around the stuff (at concerts and whatnot) Personally i think it smells like SHiat and don't understnad someone wanting to inhale that crap but hey its their lungs not mine. As long as they don't cause me problems while being high...whatever. I don't believe it should be legalized because that will just lead to other drugs being legalized in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Burke
    Worse than warez

- by TonyT
    having smoked more pot for more years than many of you are old, I can tell you that it does do harm to the mind and the body
    Don't believe a word this guy says, he's spaced right out!!

never smoked it.

no desire to ever start.
    The Way
    John 14:6

OK, it looks like none of you read my paper.

Legalization of marijuana would NOT lead to legalization of other drugs....what other drugs can you name that has such positive benefits to both industry and recreational use?? you can't.

I'm mainly concerned with the industrial benefits....as they are HUGE. the psychoactive effects you get from smoking is just a nice benefit.

all you babies afraid of legalizing it need to open your eyes for the greater good. Marihuana is not a "gateway" drug....if you are using marijuna of course you will have access to other drugs in the black market, and if you use marijuana you are probably more likely to use other drugs anyway...so it depends on the person.