Thread: HTML universal page size

Post HTML universal page size

I'm a newbie in this, so you guy plz help me out. Recently, i've been building webpage but don't know how to make universal page size. What I mean is if I build the page with size 800x600 and if someone with display resolution set to 1024x768 or higher will see my page in half of their screen, the rest is my background color. Also, if someone with resolution set to 680x460 won't be able to see my whole webpage in their screen. they have to scroll left and right. I know some of the website, doesn't matter what resolution My computer setting at, it will automaticly adjust to it. How do I do it.

The software i'm using to build webpage are:

Macromedia Dream Weaver Ultra DEV
    Flash 5
    Firework

I have some other software but never use them because they can't insert flash movies in the webpage such as:
    adobe golive 5
    Prontpage 2000
    Boomerang Webbuilder 2000

Any advice are appreciated.

If you want to see what i'm talking about. here is the url

www.atomzone.net
    and it it setting at resolution 800x600

[ 05-08-2001: Message edited by: catngo ]

Blog Entries

Simply use "100%" (or any other percentage) rather than "800" for the width of tables and such.

Broke

Percentages are great except in Netscape, but who uses that Cr*p anyhow. You can go percentage crazy by puting tables within tables and calling them both by percentages and the calling percentages for sizing on your images also. Done pages with images, that you could pull the window down so small you had to use a magnifying glass too look at them but everything was there

Thanks guy. Never think of it.

You can also find some free Java Scripts out there where it will automaticly adjust the page determined on what their resolution is set to.
    Words of Wisdom:
    "Man who scratches ass should not bite fingernails."

problem again guy!
    Both DreamWeaver and Flash 5 doesn't have percentage for page size. It only use pixel.
    is there software to build webpage that allow flash movie insert and it using percentage for page size?

Dement: thank for the suggestion on java but i'm mainly using flash for my website. Unless if i can insert java code or html code in flash. can I?

Broke

Just go in and modify the HTML code. Now I'm not sure if the Flash movie will resize with percents the same way as an image will, but you can center the image and resize the actual page and everything around itnot sure if this is what your tryin to do or not but the links at bottom resize and center with page as rez goes up and down and flash stays center. I may try and call percents on one and let you know how it turns out...

Broke

Ok, I gave it a try, it appears the flash will not resize ( Didn't think it would )the same as an image with percents, but you can still center it and have everything else around it resize, keep the image down to fit in at 640 and let everything else resize, at least it will fill the page when the rez goes higher.
    And dont laugh, i know my little movie is less than perfect but it was my first try at Flash...

I tried it and it did work in flash. just have to publish the file in html format not movie.swf format and there is a percent option in it. thanks guys.