Thread: Speed difference between usb and an network card?

Question Speed difference between usb and an network card?

I have a laptop computer with the cable modem hooked through usb . Would my speed increase much over where it is now?

also that's reading in kilobytes

P.S. Cablenut 4.0 Rules !!!!!!!!!
    Mcse , A+ and nowhere to go

Lobo

Will leave this to Cablenut to answer

Well I just went through this with my Laptop.. I had a new SMC USB 10/100 on there and since switched back to the pmcia network card and my speed went up I also lost the video problem that I had running the USB...
    I had the latest drivers loaded for it also...

BMED

My main system running Win2k w/pci nic and my laptop running Win2k w/usb nic run at the same speeds. I have not had any problems so far. I will be getting a pmcia nic this weekend see how it's effects the speed.

Originally posted by BMED:
    My main system running Win2k w/pci nic and my laptop running Win2k w/usb nic run at the same speeds. I have not had any problems so far. I will be getting a pmcia nic this weekend see how it's effects the speed.
    If you get one make sure to get a good one.. The Linksys has a Tx light built in and I swear it slows it down I was kinda forced into buying it out of need for a job, when I cracked the housing on the 3com and I know I'm slower now...
    I miss my 3com

BMED

3Com is what I'm looking for, work is paying for it so price is not a issue. Thanks for the advice.