Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Bug fix from Microsoft

L

How about windows 2000.. is this patch allready in it?

Or is there going to be same kind of patch for NT4.0-5.0 too?

kyabk

Cool

I loaded the patch last night. I notice a difference in response time. Usually when I open my browser for the first time after I just turn on my pc it takes a long time to open any web page for the first time. 20 seconds or more...But not any more. The patch seemed to help something! Thanks MS!

I gotta question for ya dreamsdoa I use AT&T@Home and I HATE my upload cap of 128kbps!

Actually that's more of a statement :-)

But seriously, could you convince them to up the cap to at least 384kbps that wouldn't be too much, and it still thwarts you from using FTP or any kind of server. I just want a little bit faster upload speed.

I know all about the OnAdvantage, I just want a little increase in upload speed.

------------------
    Brent a.k.a Borg Drone
    Owner/Webmaster
    The websites:
    eXplosive3D up soon www.mngamers.com/explosive3d
    Gamers Reality up soon www.gamersreality.com

Out the 100TX, through the switch, down the cable modem, over the fiber optics, off the bridge, past the head end office....nothing but Net

Talking

I noticed a big drop in ping times! I never saw anything lower than 90 with Quake 3 Arena and now I've seen as low as 27. Keep the information flowing despite what Raos says!

Man, ping is one of my biggest problems. Why do I have to have this crummy 95 OS2? (as I kick the damn thing.) It makes me want to go get Win98 just to get this bug fix.

I will try to answer you the best I can with a lame answer, nope, no, not going to happen,
    at&t will be upgrading EVERY area and you may have noticed some of you have a 128 cap, and some don't, you are all scheduled to be caped
    to 128, time frame just depends on your scheduled upgrade acording to your local market, so if your not capped yet, enjoy it while you still have the good upstream,
    at&t is really working hard on upgrades and the service is getting better and better,
    I also wish the upstream was higher for us, heck lot of us do, its set and thats that, there are no tweaks or cracks to get around it, hope that helps, I no it does not, but hey, what you expect, I am not from your local market, I am from the main call center, I just hope i don't get flamed, I no you hate us,

Banned

UPDATE

Dispite what I said before (dont use the fix yet ect) It just turned out to be a bad day for my isp, what I said before about pings and packetloss is lowered is true, I played some games and downloads were better than before (patched). Soooo, if MS keeps discovering all the faults in TCP/IP stuff and all, then MS may lower our pings by like 60 ms hopefully.

Darn about that Upload cap thing, I've had the upload cap though ever since I got my cable service back in April, 1999!

So I've lived with it all along, I've never experienced anything faster then 16KB/sec upload with my cable.

Oh well I guess

What do you know about DOCSIS upgrades though? Right now I don't use a DOCSIS modem or service. What's the advantage of going DOCSIS?

------------------
    Brent a.k.a Borg Drone
    Owner/Webmaster
    The websites:
    eXplosive3D up soon www.mngamers.com/explosive3d
    Gamers Reality up soon www.gamersreality.com

Out the 100TX, through the switch, down the cable modem, over the fiber optics, off the bridge, past the head end office....nothing but Net

Cool

Hey Philip,

I've used your MTU patches etc ever since I started using RoadRunner (Oct 97) and I can't tell any differences since installing the MS patch. Your generic Win98 cable modem patches were already in my registry though.

Blog Entries

Lightbulb

You shouldn't expect much difference in throughput, it might increase slightly because of less retransmissions, however nothing major.