Thread: Cheap RAM (fold faster ??)

Lightbulb Cheap RAM (fold faster ??)

Don' know if you guys have noticed, but the price of good quality RAM is falling faster than the NASDAQ.

I just picked up 256 MB of RAM from Crucial for $90 delivered (133, CAS=2)

go to crucial and take a look.

the question is, will this help me fold faster ?? if nothing else at least i can leave the folding program running while I play Unreal...before adding the RAM it would slow down the game too much.

Gone Camping
    Northern AB, CA, turn left Alaska, Turn right, Yukon Territoies

Not sure if the ramwill helpmuch, the program takes zero priority asfar as i can tell so it lets everything else go first. Processor speed seems to be the biggy.
    Ive got a 450PIII 384 megs
    475 amdlaptop96 megs
    500 cel 128 megs
    500 cel 96 megs
    350 PII 128 megs.
    the lap is producing better now i formatted and put ME on, got rid of all the Compaq S**t. the 450 is a workhorse, doin a tonn of stuff as it folds, the 500 cels seem to do pretty good, but the 350 PII does not run all the time, i really notice a difference in my WU's when i remember to go up and turn it on when he is at school.
    But even with all this I do see the guys with the 800's and up really seem to bang out the numbers.

Martiangod how long does it take your PII 350 to do a betahairpin? My PII 233 @300 does them in about 1h 26m. It only has 64mb of RAM.

[ 02-14-2001: Message edited by: Amakuni ]

Gone Camping
    Northern AB, CA, turn left Alaska, Turn right, Yukon Territoies

I dont pay that close attention to individual boxes,guess if i registered them all under different names i could keep track, but i do notice on the totals when its runnin. Always did like that PII. I really think intel got the math right in the 350 PII.
    And everyone i know who had a 350 seems to feel the same way, that it was kind of a milestone proccessor. Dont think i will get rid of that one for awhile yet.