Thread: Prepping for the winter (Vaccine Content)

Prepping for the winter (Vaccine Content)

This year was the year for getting jabbed in the arm. I decided that today was the day to go and get the good 'ol flu shot. I have not gotten the 2nd Covid booster but I'm sure that's probably coming up soon. I think with all the gatherings around the holidays things are going to ramp up again and I thought I'd try and take the advice and be an early adopter. I just finished with my 2nd shingles shot and I got the pneumonia shots about 2 years ago. I'm starting to feel like a pin cushion. One thing I do like is that you no longer have to go in to see your doctor. Any of the big name pharmacies/stores will take care of you on a walk up basis. Today I don't think I was there (Rite Aid) for 10 minutes.

Blog Entries
    I just had my annual physical, and got the flu shot while there, hadn't done it in years before that. Figured I haven't been exposed to flu much in the past couple of years and it may be a good to do it now.

The doc did recommend the shingles vaccine at one of the pharmacies, their office doesn't even carry it, but I haven't done it yet. Still have to do a second Covid booster as well. I was waiting until the updated vaccines that cover the Omicron variants are widely available, I imagine they should be out by now.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
    ๑۩۞۩๑

I believe the Omicron variant booster is out.

I probably went 80% of my life without ever getting a yearly flu shot. I was one of those people who just didn't think it was necessary. About 4 years ago I got the flu after getting the shot and the symptoms weren't half as bad as I usually experience. It sold me on getting the yearly shot. Besides, I'm getting up there in years so it's probably a good idea anyway.

Trust me, getting your shots at a pharmacy is so much more convenient than at your doctor. I can't attest for the rest of the country but some pharmacies are better than others. I've received a couple of shots at a Walgreens and they must have had me there for half an hour (with an appointment). They didn't seem to be organized at all. All sort of people waiting and complaining. But at my Rite Aid I can just walk right in anytime the pharmacy is open and be out of there in 10 minutes.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I usually never got the flu shot in my younger years....usually skipped it until the first year of Covid.
    I did the first round of Covid shots...but I'm not doing more.

Still going to tons of clients offices for work...
    Still going on lots of vacations...traveling...
    Still hanging out with tons of people at our summer marina home ( but I think all the booze there kills germs! )

Spending a little over a month down in Florida this winter...traveling here 'n there, mostly staying down on Anna Maria Island and Don Pedro Island.

The one shot I'll do soon as shingles. My wife had a shingles outbreak last spring. Was very painful, took care of her for a couple of weeks straight applying special creams and remedies for shingles to try to ease her pain.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I'm lucky I can walk into the local VA clinic and get any jab I want on demand. I got one J&J shot early on, but none since then and do not plan on anymore. The Pfizer and Moderna shots freak me out. My entire family including my 80+ year old parents got a variant of COVID from the get go. All of us except my Wife were vaccinated and my folks were on their 2nd booster. My Wife can't get it due to severe pharma allergies. Blessed that not one of us were very ill. My youngest probably had Delta and she was the worst with really bad fatigue. I might get the flu shot though as my Wife makes fun of me when I am sick. I tell her to rent a hospital bed for me.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

I think all the booze there kills germs!

I an sooo on the same page.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    ( but I think all the booze there kills germs! )
    Always thought so... and only the slowest brain cells, allowing for fresh ones to be used
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
    ๑۩۞۩๑