Thread: There is no snow on the page..

Blog Entries

There is no snow on the page..

There is no snow on the page, it must be Mad Doc's fault

Happy Holidays to everyone here at SG dot net. I switched IT jobs, and am working longer 12+ shifts but I actually have some time off in about 3 days that flows all the way past the holidays... looking forward to that.

I wish you and yours all the best for 2022.

Shinobi (Tom)

Blog Entries
    Thanks Tom!... Snow is on the main page, haven't had a chance to add it to the forums.

Glad you're doing ok, enjoy the holidays and your time off
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Thanks Tom!... Snow is on the main page, haven't had a chance to add it to the forums.

Glad you're doing ok, enjoy the holidays and your time off
    Thanks Philip, yes.. we are doing ok. I got my booster shot a month back and am still doing really great. I hope you and everyone is doing well. Cheers!

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Hey Tom, hope all is well.
    Yeah, the stress of IT....going crazy here.
    Taking over a month off to drive down south (will be going through the Carolinas)...working remotely from Florida for Feb.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Hey Tom, hope all is well.
    Yeah, the stress of IT....going crazy here.
    Taking over a month off to drive down south (will be going through the Carolinas)...working remotely from Florida for Feb.
    Hey YOSC :-) I'm glad you are taking some time off... some day you may permanently move down the South and not worry about snow / other things. I've been lucky down here for the past years, it was worth moving down here.

Working remotely is great.

Blog Entries
    Hey Tom, I know you moved down towards the sunshine, but where in SC is "down here"?

YOSC is still hung up on making the big bucks up in CT I guess, but he's slowly seeing the light, er, sunshine, hehe.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Take your sweet time...please.

Blog Entries
    Hey Tom, I know you moved down towards the sunshine, but where in SC is "down here"?

YOSC is still hung up on making the big bucks up in CT I guess, but he's slowly seeing the light, er, sunshine, hehe.
    I live out west of Columbia now in a happy corner near happy people... I used to live in the very north east suburbs of the Columbia, I bought a house that was a foreclosure.. and I loved that place... BUT.. after that there was many other houses in that neighborhood that also foreclosed out. Crime started to build up there, a lot "problematic houses" close by.. people doing bad things and I could not trust my daughter even playing outside. So Wife and I were able to sell the house, and make a profit off of it a few years back.. Then bought a new house way further west of the city. A very nice place. While no where that is 100% crime free, the place I live now, is a lot better.

One past time that I have gotten into is target shooting as 2nd amendment rights here is really awesome.... That helps with the over all self defense aspect as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Take your sweet time...please.
    Oh no! Yard of Stuff (YoS) used to say the "same thing" and Philip would always get the snow going when I would bring it up.. You can't fight that traditional SG dot net Spirt of Christmas past! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    Oh no! Yard of Stuff (YoS) used to say the "same thing" and Philip would always get the snow going when I would bring it up.. You can't fight that traditional SG dot net Spirt of Christmas past! LOL!

Can and have.

Hoping he's too busy to turn it on here.

Hey Tom,
    Philip and I live in the land of "lifetime free snow removal"! [Ken singing] I'm Mr. Heat Miser, I'm Mr. Sun, I'm Mr. 101! LMAO

I'm still wearing shorts and t shirt. I do have some sweat pants and a jacket somewhere...I wonder where they are? My girl went through my clothes closet a couple of weeks ago to donate. I wonder if she donated all of my jackets...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Hey Tom,
    Philip and I live in the land of "lifetime free snow removal"! [Ken singing] I'm Mr. Heat Miser, I'm Mr. Sun, I'm Mr. 101! LMAO

I'm still wearing shorts and t shirt. I do have some sweat pants and a jacket somewhere...I wonder where they are? My girl went through my clothes closet a couple of weeks ago to donate. I wonder if she donated all of my jackets...
    Ken! I'm glad you are doing well (and Philip). It get cold here in S.C., it's about 55 now.. It will be in the 70's tomorrow. I've seen two snow events here, one the snow was like an inch, the other 4 inches of snow and it always shuts down the whole place. That at least in the past 7 years. There was one bad ice storm as well, and again the whole place shuts down as they do have hardly any sanders or plows down here so the side roads and the main roads stay bad.. but it never lasts long. I also tell people we have Spring, Summer, Fall then 2nd spring.. then repeat at Spring again. :-) Have a great holiday and upcoming new year!