Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are you paying for gas right now?

Blog Entries
    Tesla's are great if you don't drive more than a couple of hundred of miles per day... Some really cool new tech with the autonomous driving, and they're better than hybrids like a Prius imho, no need to maintain two separate systems. Driving regular cars is still cheaper, I suppose that's the main reason for limited adoption. Still, most major manufacturers are betting on the tech, doing research and developing new models, so it's coming. Another big step for EVs I anticipate would be if/when big cities in Europe start banning most emissions..

Anyway, we're not there yet.

Gas prices are down to $3.99/gallon for regular here.

Before the general public comfortably adopts electric vehicles there's going to have to be a lot more charging stations and the ability to "rapid charge" the battery. Right now when I go to our local Mall there are about 10 charging stations. If the general public starts driving electric vehicles en masse there's going to have to be thousands of charging stations installed at places like the mall. Anywhere that people will be leaving their car for any length of time are going to want to top off their car.

I did see something on the news last night where there's a company that will come to you and charge your battery.

Blog Entries
    You are right, it's still far from mainstream, but it's getting more common, and I see more of them on the road than a couple of years ago. There are some rapid charging stations (Tesla superchargers) popping up at some gas stations... Apparently it takes 15 minutes to charge for 200 miles range, not bad.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    There are some rapid charging stations (Tesla superchargers) popping up at some gas stations... Apparently it takes 15 minutes to charge for 200 miles range, not bad.
    I did not know that. I'm by no way a critic of electric cars... but I still can't help but think about some of the potential problems and inconveniences that will arise with electrical cars running out of juice all over the place. Mobile rapid charge services are really going to become a huge thing. I am anxious to see how it will all evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I did not know that. I'm by no way a critic of electric cars... but I still can't help but think about some of the potential problems and inconveniences that will arise with electrical cars running out of juice all over the place. Mobile rapid charge services are really going to become a huge thing. I am anxious to see how it will all evolve.
    or the potential of big government shutting them off\disabling them by software updates for whatever reason they want, kinda like when Tesla disables certain features if they deem necessary.

and have you seem the build quality of a Tesla ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q594XSQ3GwM

Blog Entries
    Government intervention is slowly creeping into vehicles tech regarding of their engine type, your car has a couple of computers already, and next stage they will all be connected to cell towers/satellites, and receiving OTA software updates. The "smarter" the car, the more software updates and big data tech it needs, so it's unpractical to do it without some type of internet connectivity.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Costco regular $5.39. even though my wife put in $10 yesterday to get to work, it cost me $68 this morning to finish filling the Honda's tank. I get to Costco at 05:30 to try and beat the crowd. Before prices went up you could pull right up to a pump. Now that prices have surged there's a line forming (big line) at 05:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    Costco regular $5.39. even though my wife put in $10 yesterday to get to work, it cost me $68 this morning to finish filling the Honda's tank. I get to Costco at 05:30 to try and beat the crowd. Before prices went up you could pull right up to a pump. Now that prices have surged there's a line forming (big line) at 05:15.
    No one in their right mind should be up that early, much less driving.

Hovering around $6 still here.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    $4.35 around here on the coast of CT...
    Saw a post on FB from someone I know, they drove about an hour inland in north east CT and found a gas station that just dipped below 4....it was $3.98
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!