Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are you paying for gas right now?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Gorgeous ride Leather...
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Gorgeous ride Leather...
    Thanks. I actually looked for a white Lariat, but nice F150's are impossible to find around here. I had to drive to another state to get this one. Got it right before COVID - super lucky.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Just paid $4.11 yesterday for 91 Octane Non-Ethanol. We're lucky that we have that around here.

Been super impressed with the F150 mileage so far.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m1.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	1422

Name:	m2.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	1423
    Observe everything...focus on nothing..

Everywhere's still $4.99 minimum.

Filled up all 3 vehicles at $2.96...cost me $129 total. Next week will be less, right? The 36 gal Tundra is pricy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BMED; 12-11-21 at 10:53 PM.

She sure is purdy!!!!!!!
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I just paid $5.00 for regular unleaded at Costco. The Exxon dealership down the street wants $5.74

I got back just in time from our drive from CT to south west FL...and back. Was filling my truck a lot, averaging $3.29 or so....on the drive back last week saw it climbing to $3.49 in some southern states, $3.59 or so in New Jersey..and that was my last fill up. Now it's over $4.

Still, back in 2007 or so when the last big price hike came out, when you factor in inflation, we're not in as much "pain" as we were back in 2007.

Wish we were still striving for oil independence like we were prior to a year ago.....now biden wants to turn to back to buying oil from Venezuela and the middle east....bad bad bad......bad bad bad.....
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Really like my F-150 Lariat 5.0, but I dare not let it get below 3/4 of a tank these days as 36 gallons x $4.299 is about $154 of sorrow. Last time this happened, we panicked and bought a teeny weeny little car. Wife hated it, but 30mpg was nice. Wife drives a Jeep Renegade and it actually does well on mileage - about 26/30. Hoping for the best and soon.

USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

let's go Brandon !

gas here was 4.19 yesterday

Blog Entries
    US is the world's largest oil producer, we produce 20% of the world's oil, 18+Million barrels per day. The next two are Saudi Arabia (12%) and Russia (11%). Russia has twice our explorable oil reserves, SA has like 8 times our oil reserves.
    We currently consume about 19.5 Million barrels per day, 20.5% of the world's consumption. We are still energy-independent, and an exporter if you count natural gas and other fuels.

For comparison, in 2006 we produced 8M bpd, 2016 - 14.8M bpd.

We have 35.5 Bn barrels of proven oil reserves that can be explored with current technology. At this rate, we will use up all our domestic oil reserves in 5 years. What will we drill then?
    With all that in mind, how much more do we need to produce per year?

Gas prices are dependent on international market price per barrel, not directly our oil production. We're already using up our explorable oil reserves much faster than most other countries in the world.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
    ๑۩۞۩๑

I filled up at Costco 2 days ago @ $4.99 and today it's $5.25. Heck of a jump.

Every gallon of gasoline saved or megawatt of energy not used is the equivalent of producing more. I believe we will eventually get to the point where renewable energy becomes not only abundant, but also efficient. We are not there yet and and telling people to buy a $60000 TESLA is just dumb as we all know where electricity comes from. I believe we (USA) are becoming better stewards every day and we can get to where we need to be without crippling the economy. Wise leadership, now that is another discussion.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Every gallon of gasoline saved or megawatt of energy not used is the equivalent of producing more. I believe we will eventually get to the point where renewable energy becomes not only abundant, but also efficient. We are not there yet and and telling people to buy a $60000 TESLA is just dumb as we all know where electricity comes from. I believe we (USA) are becoming better stewards every day and we can get to where we need to be without crippling the economy. Wise leadership, now that is another discussion.
    I totally agree.

$2.0mfg per liter fir Diesel / cost me $250 CDN to fill truck
    Will be driving this less

Name:	D4A8E573-C37D-4675-B667-7AF7D746E2C8.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	1435

And this more

Name:	6EFDD71A-51D2-4010-8446-123C48EBE2ED.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	1434

I was going to post a link to that thread, but the SG search results for "bullsh|t" were too numerous

sometimes you have to think outside the box to get inside the box .

Blog Entries
    ~$4.30 / gallon for regular gas down here now.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits). I also eat whatever crayons are put in front of me.
    ๑۩۞۩๑

3x days ago, $4.59 for 87, was almost 70 bucks to top off my tank from just under 1/2.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    3x days ago, $4.59 for 87, was almost 70 bucks to top off my tank from just under 1/2.
    It's all good at the end of the day, EV owner cost is stupid high so I'll keep pumping petro until the well runs dry!

Quote Originally Posted by BMED View Post
    It's all good at the end of the day, EV owner cost is stupid high so I'll keep pumping petro until the well runs dry!
    Yeah, EV's have a long way to go. I believe in searching for alternative energy for transportation, (such as electric)....but, with current technology, electric isn't there yet. And it just puts (moves) the pollution and/or bad environmental impact "out of site, like...in some other country but yours". So you feel better about your immediate surroundings, yet...causing problems for some 3rd world place across the planet. Home insurance is starting to get higher if you have an electric vehicle in a garage. Auto insurance is higher with electric cars. Owning a car for near 10 years or more...electrics get crazy expensive because of replacing those batteries at near 10k. And them making the electricity to charge them up...puts more and more of a strain on the grid. And what type of power source is creating the juice for the grid that you're on?

I think it will get there. And it will take some time for technology to evolve..and many users have to be "guinea pigs" helping that technology to evolve.
    I drive way too much and often for long distances, so it's currently not a tech for me. For my wife...she just does rare short drives....it would work for her.
    Guinness for Strength!!!