Thread: Prime Day

I'm not seeing any "Prime" deals

It appears that Amazon's "Prime" day is mostly smoke and mirrors. I was thinking about getting a new external docking bay, maybe bump my memory up to 64 Gb, but so far I'm not finding anything that seems like a deal. I was also hoping to get some early Christmas shopping done and save a few bucks but I'm still not seeing anything priced accordingly. I was also looking for some car detailing equipment but everything seems to be at the regular price. It seems that everything on my list is not on sale.

Blog Entries

Prime Day

Looking around for deals for Amazon Prime Day.. So far I like this WD 5TB external USB-C drive for $100... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=sg21-20&psc=1
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Wife wants a new robot vac, the old Eufy we've had for years seems to be dying.
    Tossing around either the Shark or iRobot one they have on the deal

Wanna snag 2x low profile smartTVs for the boat

Was hoping a Fossil gen5 garrett androidOS watch would be on sale, but just a 5e model.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    Some TVs have external power brick that may feed off of 12V DC, if it matters at all, they don't draw that much anyway.

I have Neato vacuum robot, I like it. The rechargeable battery packs inside only last a couple of years it seems though.
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    It appears that Amazon's "Prime" day is mostly smoke and mirrors. I was thinking about getting a new external docking bay, maybe bump my memory up to 64 Gb, but so far I'm not finding anything that seems like a deal. I was also hoping to get some early Christmas shopping done and save a few bucks but I'm still not seeing anything priced accordingly. I was also looking for some car detailing equipment but everything seems to be at the regular price. It seems that everything on my list is not on sale.
    Sorry didn't see your thread, seems we posted around the same time, so I just merged them. Yeah, not that many really good deals on things I need, but snagged some external USB3 HDD.

I've been waiting to upgrade my Synology NAS. Today I looked and the DS920+ was $417 instead of $540'ish so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.
    Crackin' skulls and breaking kneecaps.

Blog Entries
    Hi Grimmy

Yeah, I actually saw that one, it's a good deal but I don't need another NAS. I have this older 4-bay 414j that hasn't been used in 3-4 years, I just upgraded it's firmware and planning to give it to my daughter to use. I use some Linux server for NAS at home, not as many bells and whistles as the Synology web interface, but better transfer rates/hardware than that 414j and works good as a local NAS.
    ๑۩۞۩๑

I'm upgrading from a DS218j so the 920+ is a HUGE upgrade. I mostly use it as my media server but I'm very interested in the VM software that's on the 920+.

I'll probably end up giving the 218j to my brother since his Buffalo station died.

Blog Entries
    It's a very good deal for under $500.

I keep an active "Wish List" on the Amazon site for the things I may want but don't need, but nothing on that list seems to be on sale. We also buy my wife's makeup needs on Amazon since they are almost always 20% lower than at the usual stores at the mall. So far nothing I have "wanted" is coming up as any kind of a deal. I was thinking of getting a couple more Crucial MX500 SSDs but they are still sitting around at about $95 and that same price comes around all the time.

Philip - I thought so too

Easto - I do the same. I just add stuff as I think of it but there isn't much other than the NAS that I've really been watching.