Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey everyone

Hey everyone

How is everyone? Long time no talk.

Blog Entries
    Hi, great to see you! All good here, still kicking
    Going to a sailboat regatta on Thursday/Friday with a friend around St. Augustine, pretty stocked about it.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Hi, great to see you! All good here, still kicking
    Going to a sailboat regatta on Thursday/Friday with a friend around St. Augustine, pretty stocked about it.
    Glad to hear you are doing well. That sounds like fun.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    What's up Roodster?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Good friend has always been into kayaking, ran into shoulder trouble after being attacking at work (mental health), surgery...

Bought a paddle kayak from our buddy, loves it. Mostly rivers and lagoons, occasionally the ocean right outside some natural harbors.

Anyway, he just bought and got installed a sail, outriggers, and new high tech peddle blades upgrade.

Maiden voyage yesterday and he had the time of his life!

Footage of him just sailing and gaining on his paddle kayak buddy fierce.

Maybe he'll have a sailboat sometime soon, but even this blew his mind with fun.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like fun, I know Hobie makes those sailing kayaks, but only watched a couple of promotional videos, haven't really seen one in action around here. I did rent some of those beach Hobie catamarans over the years, they're a lot of fun. I also used to windsurf a bit.

The regatta I am going to is called "St. Augustine Race Week", it has a number of different events for different class sailboats. It was postponed from last spring because of the pandemic. I am going to crew on a friend's 39' sailboat, we will be offshore doing triangles, two races per day for a couple of days, back in the marina evenings.

Sailboats can be a lot of fun, but owning a bigger one is a considerable commitment, you must have the time and will to use and maintain it.
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Fun stuff...I used to be an assistant sailing instructor at Mystic Seaport Museum...did quite a bit of sailing in my youth.

Oh..and wind surfing too...LOVED THAT!

Still love ripping around in Hobie Cats on good stiff breeze days...getting a pontoon up in the air good ...

St Auggie still on our list to visit. Considering if for our Oct trip, since....looks like Red Tide might be brewing up good on the gulf side already..and we have that "Piney Point" toxic run off that just happened inside Tampe Bay on the Brandenton side. So we might have to switch AMI over to the north east coast.

And then 6 weeks of snowbirding in January! Don Pedro Island for first 2 weeks, and renting a home in Rotonda West for the last 4x weeks.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    Haven't been down to the North Port area in many years, always seem to skip it and stop at Fort Myers/Naples. It must've changed a lot, the SW portion of FL has been growing last crazy over the past 20 years it seems.
    St. Augustine is lovely in the fall, water is still warm in October, but nothing like the red tides on the West coast. Come on down!

Blog Entries
    There are some pics of the St. Augustine Race Week (SARW) regatta, I was crewing on an O'Day 39 sailboat, sail #72, we were doing offshore performance non-spinnaker class. First day we had ~8' seas, 20+ knots of wind and we were short-handed, just me, my friend and his 13yo daughter, but we still placed well. Got 3rd place overall over 3 days, 6 races, had a great time.

https://ibb.co/album/Q9MXfJ

https://ibb.co/album/PDhVsw
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Been a while for me as well. Good to see the site still going.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fords8 View Post
    Been a while for me as well. Good to see the site still going.
    Welcome back, wow registered over 18 years ago

Welcome back, wow registered over 18 years ago
    Yup! And this is only post 96 too. I signed up because I was tweaking something from Comcast. The site helped me do it. ICQ and AIM in my profile. lol

Some cool pics Philip...looked like a great day to catch some wind!
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    Yup! And this is only post 96 too. I signed up because I was tweaking something from Comcast. The site helped me do it. ICQ and AIM in my profile. lol
    Wow ICQ... my old UIN was 3834989, but I guess they were wiped. I Just removed it from my profile. I suppose people just migrated over the years from ICQ to MSN/Skype and now more modern stuff like Discord/WhatsApp/Viber.

Wow ICQ... my old UIN was 3834989, but I guess they were wiped. I Just removed it from my profile. I suppose people just migrated over the years from ICQ to MSN/Skype and now more modern stuff like Discord/WhatsApp/Viber.
    ICQ is still around. Not sure how much people use it. I am going to remove mine as well since I don't use it. So what is the plan for the site these days? vB forever?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Some cool pics Philip...looked like a great day to catch some wind!
    Yeah, good times, it was interesting because we got scored over 3 days/6 races.

I always wondered what happened to all those messaging app from way back then (ICQ etc). I can't even remember some of the program names. I do remember there was one program where you could consolidate all your messaging apps into one window and at the time I thought that was the greatest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I do remember there was one program where you could consolidate all your messaging apps into one window and at the time I thought that was the greatest thing ever.
    What was the program called? Trillian or something?

Blog Entries
    What was the program called? Trillian or something?
    I was just about to post that, yeah I was using Trillian at some point. It had much cleaner interface than ICQ, and you could use it with the different messaging apps.