Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Vaccines

I don't know how my Wife and I have avoided catching it. I am vaxxed, but she was advised not to by her doctor as her pharma allergies could fill volumes.
    My Daughters, both Sisters, both Brother-in-Laws, Grandson, 2 Nieces, a Nephew have all caught it. We have been to Thanksgiving and Christmas get togethers and are constantly hugging, kissing
    our Grandson.

All sick at different times. None of them needed medical treatment and had different symptoms. From nasty headaches to horrible fatigue, but mostly sore throats, cough, muscle aches and congestion.
    My elderly parents were with us at Christmas, but I think pickled enough to be immune! 3 COVID shots, pneumonia shot, shingles shot and flu shot. So far so good.
    Praying it becomes endemic and controllable.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

Blog Entries
    Glad everyone made it through ok. I've also had friends and relatives go through it, the ones that were vaccinated had easier time with it.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    My Daughters, both Sisters, both Brother-in-Laws, Grandson, 2 Nieces, a Nephew have all caught it. We have been to Thanksgiving and Christmas get togethers and are constantly hugging, kissing
    our Grandson.
    Wow, that's a lot. Very glad they pulled through.

Is that over the past couple years or more recently?

2 co-workers and their 5-80 year-old family members and partners, at least 1 rep but I assume 10x that, over 2 dozen dear friends both here and in NC.

The rep was over a year ago, 75% of the rest very recent.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Wow, that's a lot. Very glad they pulled through.

Is that over the past couple years or more recently?

2 co-workers and their 5-80 year-old family members and partners, at least 1 rep but I assume 10x that, over 2 dozen dear friends both here and in NC.

The rep was over a year ago, 75% of the rest very recent.
    My youngest Daughter and her boyfriend had COVID before we "knew" of the Delta variant. Daughter had horrible fatigue, her boyfriend had a medicated inhaler because he said it felt like glass in his lungs. My youngest Sister and her Husband got COVID during Delta surge. Others had just a month or so ago. All the Elders 80+ have been spared thus far.
    USMC RETIRED

Steve

Tacoma Guitar Forum

I had kennel cough for a week.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    I had kennel cough for a week.
    Stay out of the dogs.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Speaking of "kennel cough"....I have this lingering cough that's getting worse. 6x weeks after the 'VID went through our house, my cough never left me. Got worse. Now it's quite hoarse. Deep cough, phlegmy. Annoying. Persistent.
    Feel fine otherwise.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

just wondering Cat, do you smoke ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    just wondering Cat, do you smoke ?
    Quit over 10 years ago, was an on/off light smoker daily.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Hola!!! Wow, some of you are vaccine junkies. LOL

This is the third year I did not get bronchitis. I swear it is from the mask. I am not breathing in anyone's schmutz.
    Right now with tree pollen season, my allergies are at bay. Between that and taking the right supplements, I feel has worked for me.

I got the Moderna Vaccine because of the job. No more for me. I have been dealing with inflammation as a result. I am treating it naturally. It is getting better.

If your arm hurts, that is natural. Do some pushups.

I do not and will not get the flu shot nor any other shot for that matter. There are so many more adjuvants added to vaccines today then there were when we were kids.

I am now seeing people getting Covid after receiving the second booster. My boss is one of them. On Friday, April 22nd, I heard him coughing in his office. I had my mask on. When he left early in the afternoon, he was not planning on coming back. Debbie went to town disinfecting his office. On Monday, he called me to tell me he has Covid. (2 weeks after getting the second booster.)

I tested in the beginning of last week and on Friday. So far the rapid and the PCR tests came back negative.

I wear a mask. I don't care what people think.

Blog Entries
    Pushups are so much work though
    I don't get the flu shot either, I think the success rate of those is pretty low. Covid is a different story though, I went and got vaccinated early Pfizer, got boosted too. I know I can still get it, but it will be easier and faster to fight it. I don't care what people think either, but I mostly stopped wearing mask, unless I am in a crowded enclosed space.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Pushups are so much work though
    I remember that from the military. They shot us up with vaccines in both arms with air guns. I will never forget it.

My concern is what they are putting in these vaccines now. After listening to this Ted Talk on reducing carbon emissions, I was beside myself. The part where Gates talks about population. This video was posted on youtube in 2010. Slide to the 4:32 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaF-fq2Zn7I

For the great majority of my life I never got a flu shot. Just the basic reasons like everyone else. Then, about 7 years ago (age 60) I decided to get one. The background to this story is that I usually get the flu about every 2nd or 3rd year and I get it really bad (I mean 2-3 weeks or misery bad). Then 1 year after getting the flu shot I noticed myself getting sick. And it was in fact the flu. But this time the symptoms were about 50% less and I was feeling great in about 7 days. That basically sold me on getting a yearly shot.

Hey Debs! Good to see ya!
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Hey Debs! Good to see ya!