Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Vaccines

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BMED View Post
    Trust me, I do my research! My wife (RN) and I were diagnosed with COVID in November 2020, just before the VAX was available. It was three weeks of hell but we survived, my wife spent 12 hours in the ED due to complications...we were lucky, very lucky! Upon our recovery we were tested every 30 days for positive antibodies and waited until we both deeply researched our situation and felt safe enough to receive the vaccine, which we did in May 2021, ironically on our wedding anniversary. So as to being educated on facts as it relates to conspiracy I think we know the difference! I've been employed by the US government for 31 years and have a crystal clear understanding of the two differences. Regardless of my situation I feel that everyone has a choice, as they always have! Make the best choices for your individual situation and live free...or not! Good luck and be safe, BMED
    Thanks for sharing, this does put things into perspective. I am all for personal freedoms, as long as we are not endangering others, and just feel this has been politicized too much.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

so how does not getting this vaccine put other people at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    so how does not getting this vaccine put other people at risk.
    Right off the bat I would say that if the bread winner of the family gets sick and dies he's leaving a family ("other people") that now has to try and survive without him. Second, maybe you (they) are healthy and not particularly at risk and they bring the virus home to a relative who may be much more susceptible and at risk due to a comorbidity and they die.

but taking the vaccine does not prevent a person from infecting others, or do you know something i have not heard about
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~Vega64~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~4TB storage~6.4TB-ioMemorycard~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats

Blog Entries
    Getting the vaccine means lower risk of getting infected and its consequences.
    This in turn means lower chance of infecting others, lower chance you will burden the health system so it will be available to others that need it, lower chance to spread it throughout the community, especially if you have contact with a lot of people.

On the other hand, if you don't get vaccinated, and do get Covid, chances are you will only be contagious for a couple of weeks and will still develop some type of immune response, at least for that one variant.
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

but taking the vaccine does not prevent a person from infecting others, or do you know something i have not heard about
    You're absolutely correct. That's why everyone "others" need to get vaccinated too.

so taking the vaccine does not stop the spread, so what happened to someone making their own health care choices ?

I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this subject.

i think we agree that taking vaccine does not stop the spread, i have no issue with anyone taking the vaccine, just the idea that the government is ramming it down our throats so to speak.

i have taken all kinds of vaccines,hepatitis, shingles, normal flu shots, but this one has me a little concerned with possible side effects and even over 5000 deaths from it, according to the CDC.
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~Vega64~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~4TB storage~6.4TB-ioMemorycard~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats

i think we agree that taking vaccine does not stop the spread, i have no issue with anyone taking the vaccine, just the idea that the government is ramming it down our throats so to speak.

i have taken all kinds of vaccines,hepatitis, shingles, normal flu shots, but this one has me a little concerned with possible side effects and even over 5000 deaths from it, according to the CDC.
    Hey Mark, hope you're well.

My take is the vaccine doesn't stop the spread, and there are breakthrough infections, which really sucks.

But it does really slow the spread, as well as substantially decrease the severity of covid symptoms and mortality rate if it is contracted.

I was concerned with side effects also but I've had worse hangovers.

If the CDC says 5,000 deaths from the vaccine, I'd compare that to ~624,000 from the virus.

I fricking hate shots but will get my booster when available.

I have friends who can't or won't get vaccinated and I really think it's just a matter of time. Cases here are super high.

Blog Entries
    The vaccine slows down the spread of Covid 19 by a huge margin.
    The fact that 5000 people died after having some vaccine does not mean that the vaccine caused their death, it is only 0.0018% of all given doses, and doctors generally agree there is no evidence at all that the vaccines contributed to those deaths (with the exception of 3 deaths from blood clots after a J&J vaccine).

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    The vaccine slows down the spread of Covid 19 by a huge margin.
    The fact that 5000 people died after having some vaccine does not mean that the vaccine caused their death, it is only 0.0018% of all given doses, and doctors generally agree there is no evidence at all that the vaccines contributed to those deaths (with the exception of 3 deaths from blood clots after a J&J vaccine).
    Yep.

When cases started dropping nationally months ago, right before Delta, they never dropped here.

Still 20-40 daily.

Past month or so has been ~100 new per day. I think we just broke 52% fully vaccinated and 59% 1 dose.

I think I saw earlier that Mississippi had 7 open ICU beds this morning, in the entire state.
    Last edited by Humboldt; 08-19-21 at 10:54 PM.

Reading now that there're 0 open ICU beds in Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Thanks for sharing, this does put things into perspective. I am all for personal freedoms, as long as we are not endangering others, and just feel this has been politicized too much.
    I agree with you, politicized too much and endangering others was not my intention with my post. We all have our own experiences in life and should be able to fulfill our own destiny without our freedoms to do so ripped away for no reason, scientific or political and without endangering others. Unfortunately the answers to our questions are unclear so or now we're expected to suck it up! Unacceptable in my book! Sorry!

I believe in freedom of choice for everyone....You have the right to refuse unwanted medical treatment..
    21 USCODE 360 bbb-3, if I remember correctly, covers that no emergency device can be mandated, such as a mask.

There are arguments for and against treatment and prevention, of this outbreak.

I just do not want any erosion of rights, made without proper process or authority.
    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

Bruce Lee

It's just a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    It's just a mask.
    More like an old wallet condom with dryrot, throw the dice...good luck!

Blog Entries
    Vaccinated individuals shed less virus and for a far shorter period of time. So, yes, it helps in slowing the spread.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Vaccinated individuals shed less virus and for a far shorter period of time. So, yes, it helps in slowing the spread.
    Also include vaccinated individuals that have had COVID as hyper-vaccinated individuals that shed even less for a shorter period of time than individuals that haven't had Covid, which helps stop the spread. Get the virus and the vaccine before it's too late!

Blog Entries
    Makes sense
    Well, if it gets too late, if I die from Covid I'd stop spreading the virus in its' tracks too, heh.
    ๑۩۞۩๑