Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vaccines

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    When I received my 1st shot, I was sent to a large lady with a 'crew cut'. When she gave me the shot, she could see the look of surprise on my face and said, "I give shots to infants and babies"! I didn't feel a thing!
    When I went for my 2nd, I was looking around. Lady asked if I was looking for someone. I said, "yes. I will scream and cry if it hurts"! She sent me to a lady that was as good as the first! I always get a sticker if I don't cry...too much!
    It's funny how a grown man can be scared of a little pain from a needle. If you think about the many times you had to bear some pain, pain far worse than a needle, over your life. It just seems odd we can tense up, and (Ken even cries), and stress over a tiny little needle that, even if you do feel it, barely identifies as pain.
    I saw the doctor out of the corner of my eye (cause I'm not going to watch me get pricked) he was pulling away from my arm. I thought to myself, "is something wrong". He was done. I didn't feel a thing.

Hey Ken, good to see you too. Glad to hear you got vaccinated against this killer.
    Actually happy to see a few more members coming around. Kinda wondering about the status of those I haven't seen since the pandemic started. Gotta admit I miss the days of old around here.

I use to be afraid of shots but never to the point of fear. Then I just started to slowly desensitize myself by watching others get injections, then watching it done on me. Now I have no problem at all watching them draw blood etc. I can accept that no matter what there might be a certain level of anxiety associated with getting a shot, but once you reach adulthood if it still manifests itself to the level it did with my wife... somethings wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I use to be afraid of shots but never to the point of fear. Then I just started to slowly desensitize myself by watching others get injections, then watching it done on me. Now I have no problem at all watching them draw blood etc. I can accept that no matter what there might be a certain level of anxiety associated with getting a shot, but once you reach adulthood if it still manifests itself to the level it did with my wife... somethings wrong.
    A secret that I learned after hospital stays...NEVER, I mean NEVER let a young hottie draw blood (or more aptly, try to!). I learned! When they would come in to draw blood, I would tell them, no offense, however go get me an old nurse!!!!

Blog Entries
    The ones doing COVID-19 shots are getting plenty of practice though... If you do something 100xday you're bound to get it right, unless you're in the wrong profession to begin with
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    If you do something 100xday you're bound to get it right, unless you're in the wrong profession to begin with
    Why are you looking at me?!?
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    Why are you looking at me?!?
    Oops, sorry, didn't mean to be so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    It's funny how a grown man can be scared of a little pain from a needle. If you think about the many times you had to bear some pain, pain far worse than a needle, over your life. It just seems odd we can tense up, and (Ken even cries), and stress over a tiny little needle that, even if you do feel it, barely identifies as pain.
    I saw the doctor out of the corner of my eye (cause I'm not going to watch me get pricked) he was pulling away from my arm. I thought to myself, "is something wrong". He was done. I didn't feel a thing.
    When I went to get the shot, I prepared myself for a pretty good sting.

But barely felt anything.
    I had to look at it to make sure the Needle was in lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BaLa View Post
    When I went to get the shot, I prepared myself for a pretty good sting.

I barely felt the needle too. I did have a sore arm for two days though, started about 6 hours after the shot.

I asked the lady if I could get the shot in the butt...she said yes, however the other people in the room may not like it... There was only about 20-25 people, what's the bid deal? (Yes, I'm giving you guys a free butt shot here! You're whalecum in advance!!!)

I asked the lady if I could get the shot in the butt...she said yes, however the other people in the room may not like it... There was only about 20-25 people, what's the bid deal? (Yes, I'm giving you guys a free butt shot here! You're whalecum in advance!!!)
    You're wandering off course Ken.

Get back to your p*be shaving fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    You're wandering off course Ken.

Get back to your p*be shaving fetish.
    Kinda like the IFC channel commercials, always on, except I'm always off!!!

"Yes mam but that is not reason enough to deprive everyone else"

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by BaLa View Post

That's what Kens girlfriends are always saying about sex with him....
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Second shot appointment for Sunday!

Very happy.

And this one is just over the highway from my work, maybe a 10 minute drive from home, and 5 minutes away from my brewery!

Last one was 30 minutes south doing 65mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Second shot appointment for Sunday!

Very happy.

And this one is just over the highway from my work, maybe a 10 minute drive from home, and 5 minutes away from my brewery!

Last one was 30 minutes south doing 65mph.

Down here in So Call (Los Angeles area) there seems to be an injection facility popping up everywhere. They move around but I'm always hearing about this place or that place that now offers the shots. The good thing is that now if you want one you can pretty much get one.

Blog Entries
    I got my second shot.. Just a sore arm for a day or two. It is open up to everyone over 18 here now, even over 16 with parent for Pfizer.

I got the "one and done" J&J shot on Saturday morning. I walked right up and was given the shot with no wait time other than filling out a little information. Since I have allergies they made me sit for observation for 30 mins to make sure no side effects. I have felt no side effects and was drinking beer and BBQing up a feast later that day/evening.
    "Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof, We all must meet our moment of truth." - Guru

Quote Originally Posted by koldchillah View Post
    I got the "one and done" J&J shot on Saturday morning. I walked right up and was given the shot with no wait time other than filling out a little information. Since I have allergies they made me sit for observation for 30 mins to make sure no side effects. I have felt no side effects and was drinking beer and BBQing up a feast later that day/evening.
    Good to hear

Quote Originally Posted by koldchillah View Post
    That's great! (butt or arm?! LOL ) It's good to hear from you!

I asked the lady if I could get the shot in the butt..
    I assume you asked for a larger needle.