Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vaccines

Vaccines

Hey guys, hope you're all well.

Thoughts on the vaccines?

Some folks are said and done, some are halfway there, or are eligible but can't get, others don't want it.

I know less then 6 fully vacc'd, nothing yet for myself but our business just got approved so...waiting.

Blog Entries
    I think they are great, I trust the German/US science behind those new mRNA vaccines and the trial data.
    I think it's a good idea they shortened the approval process, in the US approval of new drugs is crazy, it takes like 10 years from the lab to market.

If some people don't want the vaccine that's their loss, there is not enough for the majority that want it anyway. I just hope they're not a large percentage of the World population, so that we can eliminate this thing.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

it's a shame that only certain people can get it yet, past a certain age, teachers, first responders, but people with known heath issues / high risk have to wait if we don't meet the other requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    it's a shame that only certain people can get it yet, past a certain age, teachers, first responders, but people with known heath issues / high risk have to wait if we don't meet the other requirements.
    Agreed, but on paper at least the timeline is looking better.

Blog Entries
    Mark, if you get a doctor's note that you are vulnerable you can get the vaccine, many people are getting it that way.
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

It's all a big Joke..
    I would get it tomorrow if I could..
    Except I can't.
    I'm not old enough and also not sick enough I guess.

I guess I'll get it next year.
    Maybe before I get the virus and start passing it around.
    Since I go to so many places to deliver.
    Last edited by BaLa; 03-18-21 at 01:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully you can get it soon BaLa :/
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Appointment for tomorrow

Sweet. Just remember, if they ask you to drop your pants you're probably at the wrong place. Don't ask, LOL.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    Sweet. Just remember, if they ask you to drop your pants you're probably at the wrong place. Don't ask, LOL.
    You mean antibodies are not sexually transmitted? I almost had those two 25yolds convinced I could immunize them, I was even ready to schedule second shots!
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Went fine.

Community college gym about 25 minutes away. Went there a few terms 20 years ago but didn't know where the gym was.

Poor signage for a damn vaccine clinic.
    None about which parking lot, no posters or arrows or people.

Guessed and got it right.

No line outside, no line to sign in, maybe 20 people in line in front of me.

When I was tenth they announced they ran out of shots. More on the way from town 20 minutes away...maybe.

All good, waited 20 minutes, tech was awesome and Moderna shot was basically painless.

The wait even balanced out. When I got there, there was a 25 minute wait to sign out and leave.

During my wait to get shot the line cleared and I waited 30 seconds to leave

I had the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine last week. My arm was a bit sore for a few days afterwards, but that was the only side effect.

In the UK, we are still on schedule for all adults to have had their first vaccination by the end of July. The vaccine rollout is about the only thing that the British government has done right during the pandemic.

I got mine (Moderna) from the health department that had the rollout at the Long Beach Convention center. Everyone remained in their cars and you got your shot in the car. It was organized beyond belief. I have never seen anything run so smoothly that had the city as the core of the event. Total time from arrival until driving out with my shot was about 45 minutes. There were probably 200 cars in front of me when I arrived but the line just kept moving. The process ran like clockwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I got mine (Moderna) from the health department that had the rollout at the Long Beach Convention center. Everyone remained in their cars and you got your shot in the car. It was organized beyond belief. I have never seen anything run so smoothly that had the city as the core of the event. Total time from arrival until driving out with my shot was about 45 minutes. There were probably 200 cars in front of me when I arrived but the line just kept moving. The process ran like clockwork.
    Good to hear. That's what I was expecting, short of the drive-through.

Amazed no signs at the road, no people directing you wth to go, just a couple 1x2' signs in the *correct* parking lot that said event parking.

Total guesswork..

Once inside it was well run and very smooth, short of the above-mentioned running out of vaccines.

Congrats on getting the vaccine. My wife is itching to get back to work but she's nervous about being in a workplace environment without having the vaccine. Unfortunately she's not in any priority group so it looks like she'll be one of the last ones to get it.

My workplace became eligible last week under new food and ag allowances.

Blog Entries
    I was also able to get the first Phizer shot. My arm was sore for a day, but that's about it. There were no long lines, it was pretty smooth. I hope they open it up for everyone soon, the president did say it will be available for all adults by May 1st.
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Although I qualified for the shot back in Dec ..under "essential workers"...I planned on giving it a good 3x months of watching its side effects on people..and I'm not really seeing much at all as far as side effects.
    So ...in a week or so I'll message the Doc and have him line up a shot.

Figure good to be part of the solution.
    Doesn't matter to me which shot I get...even if I get the J&J shot...I'm good with that.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

The good news is that California is opening up to anyone over 50. This means the wife has a chance of getting hers soon. Our city has also opened up but you have to get in line and hope to be one of the first 500 people for that day. She decided to wait until Apr 1st and register online. Needless to say we'll be up at 00:01 signing up on the 1st.

Browsing FB yesterday. I see the Health Department/OEM/City FD posted they had an overage of Pfizer Vaccines.

So..I went to get the shot.
    Wife didn't want to at first but got it anyway.
    Her Arm was pretty sore after and had a bit of a hard time sleeping.
    Also had/has some headaches.

My Arm is a bit sore. But that's all I got so far.
    Supposedly most of the side effects come after the second shot so we will have to see what happens then.