Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Vaccines

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I believe the recommended wait time before you get a booster of Pfizer or Moderna is 6 months. I'm not sure what it is for the J&J. As far as "not considered vaccinated" I'm not really sure what the current wisdom is.

Correct....6x months for M and P. 2x months for JJ....and probably a couple of times per year with JJ.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Just got the Booster the other day.

My first 2 were Pfizer, got the Moderna Booster at CVS last week.
    Took 2 days off..Wasn't feeling so well after.

I got the other shots on a Sat.

Blog Entries
    Good for you, the side effects subside in a couple of days. Now that I got my booster, I feel better about being around elderly (hi Ken), and potentially vulnerable people, in a sense that I am better protecting them from being infected than just about my health. Anyway, it's a "confidence booster"

We are actually getting ready to go to Cancun for a week.

Wasn't even thinking of that when I got the booster but I guess good thing we we're able to get the booster

Quote Originally Posted by BaLa View Post
    We are actually getting ready to go to Cancun for a week.
    Enjoy! Do you do any diving? I don't (can't) scuba anymore (damaged ear drum keeps rupturing when I go below 30'...it can no longer equalize) but I still snorkel free dive..can go down to about 26' til my ear feels it. Anyways, some neat diving areas just off shore....like Cozumel, or ..I forget the reef off of the south border of Mexico up against Belize...that was the last place I scuba'd.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    I just looked it up, Chinchorro Banks I guess? Hadn't heard of it before.
    I've been to Cozumel on a cruise before, haven't had a chance to go diving down there though... Coming to think of it, I haven't been scuba diving in like 10 years now, even though I just recertified my tank (I use it occasionally for shallow-water stuff, scalloping, boat cleaning, etc.) :/
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    Enjoy! Do you do any diving? I don't (can't) scuba anymore (damaged ear drum keeps rupturing when I go below 30'...it can no longer equalize) but I still snorkel free dive..can go down to about 26' til my ear feels it. Anyways, some neat diving areas just off shore....like Cozumel, or ..I forget the reef off of the south border of Mexico up against Belize...that was the last place I scuba'd.
    Nope never got into it.

Sounds like it could be fun though.
    I have a friend that did some scuba diving in the past.
    Not sure if he has done any scuba diving in recent years.

Scheduled for round 3 Wednesday morning!
    Picture yourself
    Set up for good in a whole other life
    In the mystery zone

I got all the shots (the farmerís wife has a nice light touch). I also got the shingles shot last week, as recommended by the bull in the South field. Covid was nothing. That damn shingles shot dropped me to the floor. Sleepy, dopey and dumb. Same as always..
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    Same as always..
    Yep!

I can't say if I have Covid but what I have right now sure feels like a light flu. I've had all 3 shots so this is either Covid or I have the flu that is going around. Unfortunately I can't find an open testing site until this coming Saturday. Several years ago I got a flu shot and I also caught the flu, it seemed to reduce the symptoms by about 50% and that is what this feels like.

Blog Entries
    It could also be a regular flu as you mentioned.. Vitamins, fluids, etc. should ease it up.

Results.... Negative. They said I probably have a cold.

Blog Entries
    Good. Stay safe, Omicron is spreading very fast. The rate of new and active cases seems twice than anything before. https://www.worldometers.info/corona...ph-cases-daily
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Our house got whacked.
    3x weeks ago my wife and daughter had cold/flu like symptoms...for about 3x days they were bed ridden.
    I started developing them about a week later...steady stuffed nose, nasal-y sounding voice, mild cough.
    I took a covid test....was negative.
    Last weekend, my cough got bad on Saturday. By Sunday I felt like I got run over by a bus, brutal cough, heavy plugged sinuses, heavy fatigue.
    Monday...felt like crap.
    Tuesday, tested, and positive.
    My wife was doing OK, daughter doing OK.
    By end of last week my symptoms started to ease up a little bit. My wife started getting bad symptoms again. She tested mid week...negative. Her symptoms got worse, tested her this past Saturday, heavy positive. Tested daughter yesterday...negative...but I can tell her symptoms are getting worse.

From what I can tell, at least with the home test, if you test early into your symptoms it will still give you a negative result. But if you test at least several days after starting symptoms, it will test negative...I guess you're body has developed enough reaction in defense to the 'vid that now the home test can detect them.

I'm into my second week of staying home, not going to the office. Really sucks.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    Second week, wow. Still, good that you are vaccinated, should help keep the symptoms down somewhat. I'd drink some multivitamins and general stuff to help your body cope with it.
    Get better soon!

My younger daughter is in high school, and one of the people she regularly has lunch with tested positive over the weekend... She does wear a mask at school, but they take them off while having lunch. They eat outdoors (it's Florida ), but still.
    ๑۩۞۩๑

My symptoms....
    *Deep coughing (still going on over 2 weeks)
    *plugged sinuses...sometimes runny like a faucet (still going on over 2 weeks)
    *Extreme fatigue for several days early on
    *Absolutely BRUTAL headache 24x7 for about 3 days
    *Very strong sore throat for first few days...and them mild for the remaining weeks...still going on. Likely sore from coughing (no comments Ken or MadDoc)

My wifes symptoms were/are a bit worse....adding to what I had/have above...
    *Body aches...extreme in legs
    *Extreme fogginess
    *Her ear canals are plugged, so causes a bit of a loss of balance

Right now daughter just has a light cough and is a bit sniffly. She called out of work for 5 days last week and over the weekend...not knowing if we spread it to her. She tested neg...symptoms sorta let up, so she went back to work yesterday. She mostly works solo at Target, stocking the freezer. Will keep testing her regularly though. (works nearly full time and goes to college too...proud of that girl!)
    Guinness for Strength!!!

I hope everyone is able to weather the storm and walk away healthy.

The COVID-Crud has effected everyone different, good luck and god speed with your recovery! Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
    My symptoms....
    *Deep coughing (still going on over 2 weeks)
    *plugged sinuses...sometimes runny like a faucet (still going on over 2 weeks)
    *Extreme fatigue for several days early on
    *Absolutely BRUTAL headache 24x7 for about 3 days
    *Very strong sore throat for first few days...and them mild for the remaining weeks...still going on. Likely sore from coughing (no comments Ken or MadDoc)

My wifes symptoms were/are a bit worse....adding to what I had/have above...
    *Body aches...extreme in legs
    *Extreme fogginess
    *Her ear canals are plugged, so causes a bit of a loss of balance

Right now daughter just has a light cough and is a bit sniffly. She called out of work for 5 days last week and over the weekend...not knowing if we spread it to her. She tested neg...symptoms sorta let up, so she went back to work yesterday. She mostly works solo at Target, stocking the freezer. Will keep testing her regularly though. (works nearly full time and goes to college too...proud of that girl!)
    Best of wishes for the whole family, sounds like you're pulling through.

Just got my boost today, Pfizer after two Moderna.

First shot way back then (this whole thing has warped time for me), was quick and barely noticeable.
    9.5 for the guy

Second shot, he took 20 seconds and it hurt like **** the entire time.
    Maybe a 3.

Today, 9.99. CVS, their signage sucks but this woman was awesome.

Best of luck to everyone.