Thread: Happy 2021 you all!

Happy 2021 you all!

I for one am glad to put 2020 behind us. It's been one strange year for sure. People who don't believe the science or deny there is even a covid virus to all the unrest in the country.

My wife and I volunteered to be part of the Pfizer study and joined in August and got the first shots in Sept and the second in October. I got a lot of hell from some family members but after reading how the Moderna and the Pfizer vaccines worked, let just say I took the side of science.

We don't know yet if we got the placebo or the real shot but I'm positive I did from the side effects I had and no clue yet what the wife got. Pfizer though plans to inoculate anyone who got the placebo by March 1. Other than that.. The end of Feb I finished a solar install. I did all the work myself except I did have help with the oversized panels.

I put all projects on hold though in March as I didn't want to keep traveling into town to pick up material. Way to many here don't think masks help or the whole thing is a lie or this doesn't really effect young people or or or.

Anyway it's been a while and thought I'd say hi to you all.

Maddoc... no coughing!!!!!

Oh and Phillip, thanks for your help!!
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by downhill View Post
    Maddoc... no coughing!!!!!

Just feel that love! Does kennel cough count? Really. That's all I have!

cough cough
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Blog Entries
    Hi John, Happy 2021!

Good to see you around, it's been too long. Is the solar grid-tied? Ground or roof install?

Down here there are only a couple of contractors that are "licensed" to complete the grid-tie to the power company, with the proper disconnect, etc. They charge twice as much for everything compared to if I did the install myself, I would have to buy their whole "package" which increases cost too much, that's why I haven't pursued it.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Hi John, Happy 2021!

Good to see you around, it's been too long. Is the solar grid-tied? Ground or roof install?

Down here there are only a couple of contractors that are "licensed" to complete the grid-tie to the power company, with the proper disconnect, etc. They charge twice as much for everything compared to if I did the install myself, I would have to buy their whole "package" which increases cost too much, that's why I haven't pursued it.

Hey Phillip Yeah it's grid tied. It's legal to do your own work in most states but you do have to pretty much get plans approved by State, county and city. Where I"m at I only had to deal with the state. I had two inspections. The first one failed because I didn't have a picture of the label of of any panel. Just kinda silly but sure wasn't going to argue with an inspector. I got one of those shortened electrical manuals to use and found an electrician I could ask a few questions. Other than that the only hard thing was learning how to bend conduit. I had no idea you had to use math. LOL

Right now it doesn't make sense to not go grid tied. In the future when battery technology gets better and cheaper and panels are cheaper then it sure does! If one got of the gird now I would also recommend besides batteries, that you get a generator. Winter days here I don't put out that much electricity. I do get credits for what I overproduce so I made mine big enough to add electrical vehicles in the future. I managed to create 3.500 credits and have used up probaby 500 this winter and the meter should even out around the first part of Feb and start producing again at the end of Feb.
    The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, and prejudices to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own for the children and the children yet unborn and the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone.