Thread: Whew! Applying for an ASUS rebate

Post Whew! Applying for an ASUS rebate

I guess it may be due to the fact that nowadays people are trying to game the system even more than ever... But holy cow, I just applied for a $30 rebate from Asus for a video card I just bought and they make you jump through a bunch of hoops. Not only do you have to fill out the online form (which contains all the info including serial number) but then they make you print the form, sign it, include a copy of the original invoice (which was electronically sent to them when I applied online) and then you cut out the UPC label and send that in with all the other forms... and then they tell you to use the preprinted address label, because if you don't use their label they can't guarantee it will be delivered to the correct department.

I realize they may be protecting themselves from people who would just go into a store and copy down serial numbers, or buy something, return it and apply for the rebate. But they know where I bought it (NewEgg) and I'm sure they have a relationship with NE where as they could confirm if a return had happened. I know I'm just complaining, but it sure did seem excessive.

Whew!

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've had to do that before, kind of traditional way of doing it with cutting out UPC codes, etc. I guess they haven't changed their system in the past few years.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Gets even crazier with pool pumps, they wanna know where you bought it, who installed it, and who did the electrical work for the outlet its plugged into.

I am having an issue where the serial # on my 5700XT is coming back as invalid, and I can't finish the rebate form because of it.

Blog Entries
    Maybe the format of the serial number is wrong, try "O" instead of zero, with/without dashes and spaces, etc. If nothing works try contacting them via email/phone.
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Thanks for bumping up this thread, I almost forgot about it. I just checked my claim that was made on 12/22/2020 and it's be just a little over 2 weeks and they have done absolutely noting about it yet. My status is "Registered" on the 22nd.

I just got an email from Chase bank saying the money was available. I could have jumped through a bunch of other hoops to start a Chase account but I opted to have them mail me a check.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I just got an email from Chase bank saying the money was available. I could have jumped through a bunch of other hoops to start a Chase account but I opted to have them mail me a check.
    Heh, still beats those prepaid VISA cards with 6 month expiration dates.
    ๑۩۞۩๑