Thread: Started my online Christmas shopping

Angry Started my online Christmas shopping

This is sort of a generalized rant, but what really gets me is just how difficult some of these stores seem to make it to locate their contact info. Some are easier than others but... there should be a law that every home page displays a "contact" phone number. Then, half of the time they do show a number you have to press this number or that number to get where you want to go. I mean... just let me talk to a freakin' person.

Blog Entries
    Google Maps has phone numbers of businesses usually easily accessible. As for the auto-tellers and going through 28 menus to get to listen to elevator music and wait for a person it is ridiculous, lol.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

What was getting to me today was my discussion with the girl on the phone. I was asking her 1 simple question, I repeated it 3 times and she still came back with the same answer. Basically, what I was buying was supposed to be 25% off. It was not on the "exclusion" list, but no discount was applied in my cart. I was asking her why that was. You cold tell she was only saying what she'd been instructed to in cases like this. I asked her again to please look up the item to see if it was in fact on their exclusion list. She just kept giving me the same answer, something about you need to apply the discount code for it to work. We went in circles and circles until she either hung up or the call was dropped.

Blog Entries
    Lol, been there done that.. If usually boils down to untrained employees, or even a third-party service working off some predetermined list of "solutions" and not offering any personal thought/initiative.