Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    No... you are arguing. You are trying to convince me that I am somehow incompetent of a skill I use everyday.
    I see, I wounded your ego, by knowing more about the subject than you do. This is how I will remember you, David.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 11-20-20 at 10:46 AM.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Blog Entries
    Jeremy, this now has been reduced to comparing egos, rather than sharing knowledge, and you are a part of it.
    There is absolutely no need to be abrasive by lecturing others and putting all this emotion into a debate.

Maybe candidates and news organizations will stop relying on polls so much if they keep going like this.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Maybe candidates and news organizations will stop relying on polls so much if they keep going like this.
    What gets me is there seems to be this whole cottage industry that comes to life every election cycle. I mean, what do all these people do for a living when there's no election going on? If they're getting the elections this wrong what kind of information are they dishing out to their regular clients on a day to day basis? And they all seem to have the very important sounding names when in fact it's probably just a guy who got some kind of grant and he's just writing whatever he feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    What gets me is there seems to be this whole cottage industry that comes to life every election cycle. I mean, what do all these people do for a living when there's no election going on? If they're getting the elections this wrong what kind of information are they dishing out to their regular clients on a day to day basis? And they all seem to have the very important sounding names when in fact it's probably just a guy who got some kind of grant and he's just writing whatever he feels like.

or maybe the media is just trying to effect the election, you know like continuing to lie and skew the results to their favor ?

Blog Entries
    Election results are certified by state officials, not the media. Besides, "the media" is not all the same, some lean right, some are more biased than others, they have different fact checking track records, etc. The real beef I have with media is false information and opinion-based stuff with the same few "experts".

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    or maybe the media is just trying to effect the election, you know like continuing to lie and skew the results to their favor ?
    I think I have a pretty good idea as to when I'm being lied to. I guess when you get the saturation bombing from one outlet or another you need to step back and take a look at the bigger picture.

Sounds more like our president.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    I see, I wounded your ego, by knowing more about the subject than you do. This is how I will remember you, David.

Jeremy,

For some reason, you are making an argument out of something that is not there. I am not wounded at all, as I am thoroughly comfortable with my abilities.

Frankly, it is you who seem to need to impress me.

Have your last word,
    david

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

That must be it.

Blog Entries
    I can't wait for people to stop being so polarized, it's gotten way out of hand lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I can't wait for people to stop being so polarized, it's gotten way out of hand lately.

I totally agree with you. I actually tune out anyone I hear using words like regime, radical and things like that. If you want to say Democrat or Republican that's fine, but there's no reason for all the other name calling.

A very simple future resolution for the 2020 election irregularities...VOTE via your registered Social Security Administration (ssa.gov) or Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov) account, all legal US Citizens have one...right? No more mail-in or absentee ballots from dead or illegitimate\unauthorized citizens. No degree required...just simple logic! KISS!

Blog Entries
    Hi BMED, good to see you around.

As far as I know you have to be registered to vote in order to get a mail-in ballot anyway, and your signature is checked by hand to match it to your voter registration. To get a voter registration you do need a social security number. I doubt half the population has/knows their "IRS account", and even foreigners may have one if they generate income in the US (they get a tax id).

Most of the "voter fraud" claims have been debunked after fact-checking I believe, although there may be some isolated cases, electoral fraud is very rare if you get past all the rhetoric.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54811410

"the rate of mail ballots resulting in criminal convictions at 0.0006% and the rate of mail ballots resulting in any kind of official action at 0.00007%."
    https://www.businessinsider.com/vote...p-2020-2020-11
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Ok...you're are correct! Enjoy!

Trump stays in office. I will check back in later on this thread.
    I live in Louisville Kentucky
    It’s been a fun year SG !

It's a big circus, worse than most years.

First year I was able to Vote in a Pres. Election..

Blog Entries
    Hi BaLa, good to see you around, congrats on being able to vote. It has been a very divisive election for sure.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Hi BaLa, good to see you around, congrats on being able to vote. It has been a very divisive election for sure.
    Absolutely.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche