Thread: Restaurant/bar scenes?

Restaurant/bar scenes?

Curious how it is where you guys live.

What they're allowing and what you're comfortable with.

My brewery opened outdoor seating a few months ago.

4 small picnic tables and 2 2-person cask tables.

First come first serve, I normally have at least 20' between the next occupied table.

When busy, 8'.

They opened the indoor area about a month ago. Still staying outside myself, but they have seating for 25, no bar stools, with a regular capacity of about 120.

Blog Entries
    There is this one local pub that rented a big tent and set it on their parking lot, tables are spaced like 10' apart and I feel comfortable enough to go there and have a couple of brews with a two guys I am fairly certain don't have the virus, we do it once or twice per month. We know the waitress, she wears a mask and the place is close to the ocean so breezy outdoor setting. The only downside is they use glass mugs, not one-use cups. They are also open inside, but I don't go there, feels much safer and better outdoors, we have this wonderful fall weather.

Same boat.

Are most places like that, masks, spacing, etc, or are you choosing that place because they are?

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Been going to restaurants all along...they seem to mostly skip every other table. Wear masks when walking in, leaving, or going to/from the bathroom. Mask off when at the table with family/friends.
    We go out to eat 3-4 times a week in the summer...often with dock neighbors/friends at the marina (since we live on the boat 1/2 the summer)
    1-2 times a week in the winter.
    I wash my hands a bit more, and try to keep a distance between myself and others. But we're not going to hibernate.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Same boat.

Are most places like that, masks, spacing, etc, or are you choosing that place because they are?
    I choose to go to that place (and occasionally one other similar setting) because it is open air, spaced out, etc. Most places are not like that, they are enclosed and people are quite crammed in, even though they try to skip tables. My wife has a condition that affects her immune system, so we try to do more than I would care otherwise I suppose. We're "hibernating" mostly, even order insta-cart grocery deliveries.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

The wife and I have been staying away from any indoor dining. We haven't even been using the outdoor areas that have been setup at certain restaurants. Actually, yesterday was the first day we actually sat down in a restaurant since the Covid thing started. I was out of necessity, we had some grandkids in tow and there weren't really any other convienent options for breakfast. The place had people at every other table, everyone seemed to stay "masks up" until it came time to eat.

Blog Entries
    In my area noone seems to be wearing masks in restaurants when sitting at the tables or at a bar, both indoors and outdoors. People only "suit up" to go to the restrooms it seems.

I had to drive up to Washington DC a few days ago for some documents (had to be there in person). It was quite different up there.. Masks are mandatory even outdoors, all Smithsonian museums at the National Mall are still closed, etc. In Bethesda, MD they have closed a few streets to traffic, and have outdoor seating/tables set in the middle of the street, spaced apart for all neighboring restaurants/cafes to use. Tables are limited to 5 people max I think. It seemed like a great idea to keep local businesses open, especially since traffic is down anyway. Restaurants/bars seemed quite busy on Friday/Saturday.