Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biden wins, it is over.

Biden wins, it is over.

Biden is the projected winner of PA, and without PA Trump has no path to victory.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    Biden is the projected winner of PA, and without PA Trump has no path to victory.
    Keep watching.. Trump's projected path to victory includes litigation in PA, there are multiple lawsuits filed.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Keep watching.. Trump's projected path to victory includes litigation in PA, there are multiple lawsuits filed.
    I have been watching closely, extremely close for the past four years. This is just Trump and his goons doing the same BS song and dance they have done over and over. Nothing substantial is going to happen in the courts, as when they get to the courts, they are actually going to have to provide evidence instead of just making a bunch of baseless claims. They can go to court, they have that right, but it is not going to change the outcome of this election. The people voted, Philip, and Biden is the president-elect.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

"projected winner"

the press does not have final say in election outcome
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~Vega64~240GB-SSD-OS drive~500GB-SSD-scratch~240GB-SSD-thrash~4TB storage~6.4TB-ioMemorycard~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats

Blog Entries
    Hi Mark
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    "projected winner"
    Yep, that means they looked at the math, and considering the number of votes tallied and the outstanding votes yet to be counted, it is just simply not feasible for Trump to win PA, and without PA, he loses.

I understand, that a lot of people had a lot of love for Trump, but it is over and Biden is the president-elect.

I could not be happier.

The Sunday national news shows should be interesting tomorrow. I'm interested in seeing who the administration puts the spotlight on in order to deny the loss. And yes, I don't think he can litigate his way to a win.

It is not really a loss for the Republicans, as they are doing well in the Senate and the House. So, this really seems more like a push back on Trump than the Republican party itself.

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    hi mark
    :d

As long as we keep a bicameral Congress, I'm happy with things. The real death knell for the US would be a single-party government all the way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Paft View Post
    As long as we keep a bicameral Congress, I'm happy with things. The real death knell for the US would be a single-party government all the way down.
    We have had that more than once in US history, so not really much of a "death knell". I think we need less focus on party politics and focus more on electing people who are intelligent, able, and most of all ethical.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyboycool View Post
    Very relieved

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    I don't doubt he'll try, but the courts are basically laughing at the attempts so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    "projected winner"

the press does not have final say in election outcome
    And hopefully never will

The people do (should) have the final say

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I could not be happier.

The Sunday national news shows should be interesting tomorrow. I'm interested in seeing who the administration puts the spotlight on in order to deny the loss. And yes, I don't think he can litigate his way to a win.
    Everyone I know is ecstatic.

Friends are posting clips from all over the nation of folks cheering, honking horns.

So happy, one of the best moments of 2020.

I am not sure Trump supporters fully grasp how disliked their president is, and I think perhaps many views negative rhetoric about Trump as just your atypical condemnation from the opposition. However, Trump was impeached, he lost the popular vote twice now, never received a majority approval rating, and is now a one-term president. This was not about blue or red, it was about the fact that Trump is a lying, racist, misogynistic, corrupt individual with a severe lack of ethical awareness, but who has a fanatical following and that is a scary thing. So many had deep fears about the direction of this country because Trump is clearly unfit to lead America on a moral path; however, people spoke at this election and Democracy worked, Trump will be removed from office through the power of the people, through the power of the vote. So to many, that is justice triumphing over evil and that is why they are so happy, and that is why they celebrate.

Will he ever concede? I'm not sure it's in his DNA to stand-up and admit he lost and that his administration is ready to transition and help Biden and his team ready themselves for their first day in office. Personally, at this point in time I expect to see him fight it up until the last second. I'm not saying he won't leave, I believe all those people saying he won't leave are just off their rockers. But I don't see him ever giving a speech to his base saying something along the lines of "We Lost".

I don't find it likely he'll concede, or if he does it will only be some phony half step instead, he'll likely claim he was cheated until the day he dies.
    Last edited by jeremyboycool; 11-08-20 at 01:46 PM.

In a joint statement, members of the Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council, CISA Assistant Director, the National Secretaries of State, and others called the 2020 election the "most secure in American history"

CISA, the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, and the Election Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council are under the umbrella of the Department of Homeland Security.

The statement from the agencies said there is "there is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."

"While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should too," the statement said. "When you have questions, turn to elections officials as trusted voices as they administer elections."
    https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates...pdate-40aa9fd8

Trump and his goons are having a real hard time finding this mass voter fraud and in fact, they are proving how secure and legitimate the voting process really is.

Blog Entries
    [Maudlin] There was a time when elections were calculated in a timely faction and the news was to some extent, trusted[/Maudlin]

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche