Thread: What are you driving and how's it treating you?

Question What are you driving and how's it treating you?

2014 Honda Accord LX with 55K miles.
    We purchased this car new. I know that after 6 years and 55k miles I really shouldn't expect anything to be wrong with it... and I'm glad to say it runs like a top. We've taken the car on a couple of 1000 miles vacations and the thought of anything going wrong never enters my mind. I am really happy with our choice. I have no doubts that this car will see 200K and still be running like a champ.

2011 Cadillac DTS with 54K miles.
    I inherited this car when my father passed away. He always had any required work done on it at the dealership. Some of these models with the Northstar engines get a bad wrap, but I have to say that this car is bone dry underneath and does not throw out any trouble codes. To me, it runs and feels as if it was new. I've only had to do regular maintenance on it. Although we may be getting near a new set of struts and shocks, that is about the only mildly expensive repair I can see coming my way. I think I've got a really solid build here.

Blog Entries
    2011 BMW X3 (90k miles, bought about a year ago at 80k) - I like it, got a great deal on it and it has big enough engine + all-wheel drive so I can easily pull my small boat with it

2014 Honda CR-V ~70k miles, my daughter drives it now, great car. A bit more noisy cabin than the BMW, but more volume, low maintenance. I was driving it for a year or two before that and I like it a lot. Great family car, lot of utility, but only 4-cyl engine so not great for towing anything. I had a 2007 CR-V before that and it performed without any issue for years. It went up to about 200k miles with only the AC compressor and alternator having to be replaced.

2012 VW Jetta - my wife drives it, ok car, no major issues, I don't like it as much as Hondas/Toyotas though.

I've had more than 10 cars over the years.. Always bought used though.