Thread: Halo Bolt power pack

Halo Bolt power pack

Bought one last year during the multi-day CA power shutdowns.

HALO Bolt 58830 mWh Portable Phone Laptop Charger Car Jump Starter with AC Outlet and Car Charger

Works great as a power bank for USB.

Used the AC plug a few times to run a fan at night or grind coffee (for a couple seconds at a time before for the coffee otherwise it trips).

Was dubious about the jump start feature. Went out to mow the yard yesterday for the first time in about 5 weeks, totally dead battery.

About to hook up the charger and remembered this power bank.

Hooked it up, fired up instantly

Got in my Jeep to go work this morning same thing (used car with 13 year-old battery the owner kept trickle charged).

Hadn't driven it at all over my weekend. Grabbed the Bolt and it fired up the Jeep just fine, still shows full charge even though I haven't charged it in months and jumped 2 batteries.

Would highly recommend this or something similar. Took 90 seconds from realizing the battery was dead to driving away.

Everyone should have something like that. I carry one around in my backpack. It's about 20000 mah and will charge our phones 4-6 times. Always ready for that emergency.

Awesome info! Thanks!
    Easto, what model do you have and how are you healing?

Last power outage we had here cell towers we're reliable so along with a power bank type thing I'm adding this to the emergency kit, https://midlandusa.com/product/er210...rank-wx-radio/

This way if I cant get to the internet I can at least get weather and news radio about important things, without wasting gas in a vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Awesome info! Thanks!
    Easto, what model do you have and how are you healing?
    I have an Anker Powercore. I would buy one in the 20000 mAh range. That will give you plenty of portable backup. I got mine on Amazon. The Anker brand has a good reputation.

Thanks Easto!

I can't breathe in the heat anymore, so I have a big whole house generator to run my whole house in a power outage, and I have a window shaker that I keep for backup in case my AC develops a problem.

I have a chest freezer loaded with hurricane food, a fridge and freezer in the kitchen loaded as is my pantry, I'm all set right?

I was listening to my genny start up and do it's weekly check the other day and realized something... It uses a battery to start if the power goes out, however what happens if the battery dies... You and Humby (OMGHI2U HUMBY!!!!!!!!!!!!11111) have gotten me to thinking...

A device like that would be like the window shaker, you wouldn't need it until you need it... Now I'm going to have to spend more money!!!!!!!!!!!11111 Thanks a lot!!!!!!!11111 (Easto, I know that you did it on purpose!!!! )