Thread: What is this?

What is this?

Came across this in some guys diary of tweaks,
    Enable Winsock Send Autotuning

Went looking around a little and didn't find much. He suggests turning it on. The power shell command is: netsh winsock set autotuning, to check the current state: netsh winsock show autotuning. Apparently mine is disabled

Blog Entries
    This setting may allow you to open the send TCP Window over 64kb on some Windows variants that limit it, it may improve single outgoing high bandwidth, high latency transfers.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    This setting may allow you to open the send TCP Window over 64kb on some Windows variants that limit it, it may improve single outgoing high bandwidth, high latency transfers.
    Thanks. Does it only allow for a larger window or does it also dynamically lower them? If it lowers it does that improve smaller gaming type networking scenarios?

Blog Entries
    The TCP Window is negotiated between the sender/receiver, it will be the smaller of the two. I doubt you will see much difference from this as far as gaming is concerned.