Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2007 Jeep Liberty

2007 Jeep Liberty

The owner of my store is selling his 2007 Jeep Liberty, 45,000 miles, for $4,800.

One owner, purchased as a tow vehicle for their Bluebird RV, so higher mileage on the chassis than the engine and a bit of pitting on the hood.

Otherwise meticulously maintained. They're in their 70's and keep all their vehicles in excellent shape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3443b.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	1390

Name:	DSCN3449b.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	1391

Name:	DSCN3452.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	1389

Any feedback appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by Humboldt; 08-06-20 at 01:55 AM.

Limited Edition even.

Name:	DSCN3450.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	1393
    Last edited by Humboldt; 08-06-20 at 01:57 AM.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    I had one, I forget the year. Had a manual (5 spd)....and the...3.8 liter V6 I think.
    Was problem free for a long time, I drove it hard, fast on the highway every day, even towed a boat on a trailer and a utility trailer.
    Went to around 140k miles...and then I decided to trade it in for the current RAM 1500 I have now. 3x days before I traded it in, the transmission dumped and failed on me. But again...I drove her very hard.

I had 4x Jeeps in my life...love 'em. 3x common Jeeps..and 1x Liberty.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

With those miles and at that price and knowing its history.... that would be a tough deal to walk away from.

it has the cargo cover, a full size spare and the tires appear to have plenty of tread left on them.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a deal with that low mileage..

Brian, you managed to break a manual transmission on that thing? Wow.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Any guesses how long it would take to buff those massive stripes off, and is that feasible without taking off the clear coat underneath?

It'd look 10x better without them.

I did a quick search of that model and I do not see any pictures of that model and year with those stripes. It may have been a dealer option or possibly put on by the owners to protect the doors from damage. If they were aftermarket you could probably peel them off with enough time and the right chemicals. Take it to a body shop and see what they think.

Blog Entries
    If they are vinyl strips, you can do it using a heat gun, a plastic chisel and some patience. You heat up a small area of the tape (3-4"), and it should start peeling off easily by hand. You have to be careful not to overheat it to the point where the vinyl tape would start to melt an warp, then it becomes a real mess. I don't think a hairdryer would provide enough temperature for this. After removing the tape, you can also use a 3M or ABN "Rubber Eraser Wheel", it is just a rubber wheel that you put on the end of a drill to remove any glue/small vinyl residue.

You can also try some paint/striping shop, they should be able to remove it for you. Keep in mind that the paint under the stripes may look a bit different as it hasn't been exposed to sun and hasn't faded the same.. Also, if it was an aftermarket stripe, it may be hiding some scuff marks from gravel, etc.
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

For removing stripes, we use these on boats. 3M eraser wheel.
    https://www.amazon.com/3M-03612-Adhe.../dp/B005RNGN8I

Low rpm, don't push hard, don't stay in one place. Works GREAT. You learn to find the pace and pressure needed for whatever surface you're on. For boats I'd done scrapers and hairdryers/heat guns, various paint strippers, wd-40..and then a couple of years ago a dock neighbor handed me his 3M wheel when I was taking the stripes off my current boat. I did the remaining 3/4 of my boat faster than the time I spent on the first 25% doing it the old way with the wifes hair dryer and paint thinner and scraper and rag.
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Blog Entries
    I have the 3M wheel but it didn't work faster than the heat gun for me... I paid like $12 ea. for the wheels, not $58. With the heat gun, I was able to peel off the vinyl by hand, then I used the wheel for any residue/glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I did a quick search of that model and I do not see any pictures of that model and year with those stripes. It may have been a dealer option or possibly put on by the owners to protect the doors from damage. If they were aftermarket you could probably peel them off with enough time and the right chemicals. Take it to a body shop and see what they think.
    Thanks for the time

I assume it was a wife-requested aftermarket or dealer customization knowing them. Would match their Bluebird RV.

I'll probably just leave them, enough going on, but I really don't want yellow on my ride.

Checking it out Monday.

First automatic in immediate family history.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    If they are vinyl strips, you can do it using a heat gun, a plastic chisel and some patience. You heat up a small area of the tape (3-4"), and it should start peeling off easily by hand. You have to be careful not to overheat it to the point where the vinyl tape would start to melt an warp, then it becomes a real mess. I don't think a hairdryer would provide enough temperature for this. After removing the tape, you can also use a 3M or ABN "Rubber Eraser Wheel", it is just a rubber wheel that you put on the end of a drill to remove any glue/small vinyl residue.

You can also try some paint/striping shop, they should be able to remove it for you. Keep in mind that the paint under the stripes may look a bit different as it hasn't been exposed to sun and hasn't faded the same.. Also, if it was an aftermarket stripe, it may be hiding some scuff marks from gravel, etc.
    Yes, when our trucks get old and we decide to sell, this is how our mechanic does it.

It looks like a great deal. They probably even have the maintenance logs, if you ask...

PS, SCat had a tattoo of a $100 bill on his "little buddy" as he liked to watch his "money" grow (forgot the name of the movie! LOL) (The tattoo artist had to use a magnifying glass. We know as he had it done in Ybor while salivating over a Paris Hilton wannabe)
    He bought that wheel to try and remove it, of course he liked how it felt and now uses it daily...

Bought it, getting a ride in a couple hours to go pick her up.

Blog Entries
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Bought it, getting a ride in a couple hours to go pick her up.
    Well? Are you going to leave us hanging? How is it? Have you broke it in with gf? Enough room?

Lots of fun to drive.

Roof rack, leather interior, sun roof, trailer hitch, hot butt.

Any estimates on getting new speakers installed? Only the front right speaker works.

Main downside is it's an automatic and I hate automatics, but the price was right and it handles great.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Lots of fun to drive.

Any estimates on getting new speakers installed? Only the front right speaker works.
    go to crutchfield.com and plug in your car make model and year and it will give you the speakers that you need.

Thanks for the link Easto

I'd need to have them installed though. I figure it's something easy when you know what you're doing, next to impossible if you don't.

I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    go to crutchfield.com and plug in your car make model and year and it will give you the speakers that you need.
    I second this. Crutchfield has been around for decades...heck way back when I was in high school I used to get their catalog...and mail order from them.
    Their support is great, and they have a lot of adapter kits to make it easy.

You live near Dan? Or is he more south of you quite a bit?
    Guinness for Strength!!!