Thread: I'm really getting tired of staying at home.

Angry I'm really getting tired of staying at home.

OK, I've reached the point where I think I'm fed up as much as I can possibly take regarding this pandemic. Not only have I been dealing with it like everyone else... 3 weeks ago I had an accident on my bicycle and I've been so sore and bruised that I can't do anything around the house. Things like washing the car, mowing the lawn, vacuuming the house are out of the question. I cannot do anything strenuous that will upset my core muscles or right hand. So now, I can't go anywhere, I'm stuck at home and can't do anything. I'd love to be changing the oil on the cars, working on my bikes along with a handful of chores that are really falling behind. So, not only am I praying for a vaccine, I'm sitting around hoping to feel better. This just sucks.

Blog Entries
    Ouch, sorry to hear about the bike accident. It should slowly be getting better with time. Small steps, maybe take a drive to somewhere with the wife.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

I decided that I need to get off my butt and get outside. The wife is away until Tuesday, so i called a couple of good friends and I'm going to go "visiting" today. Basically setting up some chairs on their driveways, social distance and chew the fat for a couple of hours. Not only from a personal standpoint, but from a strictly maintenance standpoint... I need to fire up the car and get it out on the road. The other day I started thinking that the car we keep in the garage hadn't been run for almost 3 weeks. That's way too long for a car to just sit.

I don't know about anyone else, however without pics, I'm calling shens on the bike accident...

I think that his better half put a whooping on Easto! LOL

Seriously though, I hope that there is no permanent problems.

Have you tried audio books? Public library has a lot and will bring them out to you in your car. On long rides, I find them better than the radio and such...

Get better and best wishes!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, however without pics, I'm calling shens on the bike accident...

I'd rather get a pic of those "friends" that he visits when his wife is away for a few days, but only if they're in Nevada and not in the AARP club
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Wow, a tough crowd. I didn't think my SG cred was that bad

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cast.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	1387

Blog Entries
    Ouch, looks painful, right hand too. Get well fast!
    ๑۩۞۩๑

I need to buy a new helmet too. Mostly a cracked rib, whiplash and a broken finger. Just really banged up all over. The bike is fine, I flew over it and it landed on me!

Name:	Helmet.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	1388

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Ack!
    That's a bummer! Broken ribs suck....never heal right. Maybe a single cracked rib may be OK down the road. I broke my right rear bottom 3 ribs...every now and then you do something that tweaks 'em and they remind you they've been broken. Or I swear....some bum weather coming..I can feel a slight ache.

Heal soon!
    Visit friends....like you said, visiting in the driveway or something...get a bunch of chairs in a big circle and a buncha drinks!
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    Wow, a tough crowd. I didn't think my SG cred was that bad

Name:	cast.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	1387
    I'll be here all week! LOL (Geez, i'm not in Vegas! LOL )

There is always a silver lining as you can still show peeps that they are "#1"! LOL

Broken ribs definitely sux as there really isn't much that they can do for it... Feel better!

Just try to think positively and I'm sure it'll heal in time. Try reading some good books, it'll relieve you of some of your stress.

I am really sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you are fine. I can recommend you to read books, listen to music or podcasts or maybe you could start painting? It really helps to get your mind off things.

I sympathize with you, it's really awful.
    I also do not have the best period this year. 2 months ago I fell ill with covid. The disease was complicated, I even lay in the hospital for 2 weeks. I was discharged last month, and my life is not the same as it was before the illness.
    I feel very bad, I find it difficult to breathe, it is difficult for me to move, it is difficult for me even to climb the stairs. I take a lot of pills, but it seems to me that they do not improve my condition much. Maybe they just don't let it get worse. I hope that one day I will fully recover and return to normal life.