Thread: I want to Deactivate Messenger.

I want to Deactivate Messenger.

Hey people.
    Do anyone know about how I cant deactivate my messenger while I dont want to get messages from my FB friends but I want to keep using Facebook.
    A year back i did this for a week by following some general steps and It did worked for me.
    But now maybe due to update steps are revised and I am unable to do the same.
    Can Anyone tell me how should I do it ?
    Other than deleting the application.

do you find fb messanger annoying as well?
    i almost hate it
    The only way I know is a simple deleting.
    but, probably should subscribe to this thread or smth because this question is so relevant for me lol

Basically I dont hate facebook unless I see the advertisements of the things that I searched on Google. Yes I am very much curious about the Data that these companies are extracting and tracking our online behaviors.
    This is the time that these companies are taking our data for ads re-targeting, may be in future we might loose the power of maintaining our Online Privacy and security.
    Well this is another case.
    But my specific question and the reason to make this thread is not to get away from facebook but the people, stalkers most importantly those people who annoys you for no reason, all they need is to wanna be our friends stalks, us and keep an eye on our activities, That pisses me off.
    Because I don't want to get away with this Facebook as I have to remain updated on my companies FB group and report my daily activities there. and can't be socially isolated.
    All I need is to get away with this messenger app.
    Well I think I'll find that particular solution soon. :P

I knew it, Facebook has removed their feature to disable messenger unless you deactivate Facebook too.
    I was searching for the ways to deactivate it, and on google, I reviewed many blogs and articles everyone suggested the same steps like

How do I deactivate Messenger?
    From Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left corner.
    Tap Account Settings.
    Below Your Facebook Information, tap Delete Your Account and Information.
    Tap Deactivate.
    Type your password.
    Tap Submit.
    (Reference from the steps provided in the Facebook help page)
    But when I followed the steps provided, there were no such options to deactivate it, because it was already removed in the new and updated versions.
    For the ones who are using the old versions can easily deactivate it, but what about the ones who have updated their apps?
    So then I see this guide stating the same thing that we can not mess with the photos anymore now unless we delete the app or the FB account itself.
    [spammy link removed by admin]
    As per recent news, it is also seen that Facebook has acquired Instagram too, it means that they soon gonna create a monopoly in social platforms and in near future we will be having the only option left (either to quit from every platform or accept their terms and conditions to get into our privacy and personal information and can manipulate it for their use).
    We soon have to take some serious actions, if we want to secure ourselves and our privacy from these giants.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorpapay View Post
    do you find fb messanger annoying as well?
    i almost hate it
    The only way I know is a simple deleting.
    but, probably should subscribe to this thread or smth because this question is so relevant for me lol
    Maybe you got the answer too with this.
    I got the Answer too
    That Deleting the Facebook Account is the only option left.
    Or just wait for some miracles to be happened, that our govts should take serious actions against them so they can't violate our privacy.
    and Never place such terms and conditions that can lead to anybody's privacy violations.