Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    I've got an appointment for the first of 2 shots this Wednesday. I'll report on how it goes. I'm actually surprised I can get one so soon. They said that the initial rollout 1A had been expanded to include 65 and over. I went to my cities covid website, requested an application and the next day I got an email with a link, Fill out the questionnaire and a half hour later I had my appointment.
    Hope it goes as smoothly as the application, that's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    Hope it goes as smoothly as the application, that's great.
    I'm so happy about being able to get it I don't care if I have to sit in my car for 2 hours waiting. This is the best news our household has gotten in a long time. I'm sure it will go fine, I have no worries.

I'm so happy about being able to get it I don't care if I have to sit in my car for 2 hours waiting. This is the best news our household has gotten in a long time. I'm sure it will go fine, I have no worries.
    My father just got his first one Tuesday in NC, said it was fine and no side effects yet. Pfizer.

Said he's had worse flu shots.

Blog Entries
    Yes, they do give a card with the date and form of inoculation.

Hell_Yes

Luck is where preparation meets opportunity - Seneca

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" - Isaac Asimov

It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    I helped a friend of mine who is 65+ and eligible for the vaccine to get an appointment, it was "interesting" to say the least.

In my county, appointments for next week get released at 5pm on Thursday. Phone appointments are impossible to do, as the phone is swamped. The county website posts a link where you can go and make an appointment online. Naturally, at 17:00 the server gets swamped with requests, and it starts timing out over 50% of the time, so you have to hope/curse/keep refreshing to eventually get to see the form without "Cloudflare protectinos" start kicking in and blocking you completely out. When/if you get through the first hurdle, you get to start filling out the form with your name/DoB, time of appointment (they have a certain number of appointments spaced 30 minutes apart). Once you are done, you hit submit, and you have a 50% chance for the http request to time out, another 40% chance the time you picked for an appointment is already filled, and only maybe about 10% chance to get it successfully submitted. If you are lucky enough to get the form submitted, you get NO email/phone confirmation, you just get a generic message that your request has been submitted, to show up at the scheduled time and hope they have your info and the form was submitted right.
    Appointments with that crude online form get filled within ~30 minutes after they are released for the entire next week.

To get this done, we had two devices and were ready at 17:00 on Thursday, I finally was able to submit the form on the 5th or 6th try, for a day/time that I was just picking randomly trying to guess low-volume days/times. I can't imagine an elderly person being able to do this without help if I had a hard time with it.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    To get this done, we had two devices and were ready at 17:00 on Thursday, I finally was able to submit the form on the 5th or 6th try, for a day/time that I was just picking randomly trying to guess low-volume days/times. I can't imagine an elderly person being able to do this without help if I had a hard time with it.
    It's good you were there to help them. I can only imagine all the elderly people who's only chance of getting an appointment is by phone.

Blog Entries
    The county Covid vaccination phone line is always busy, not much of a chance to make an appointment there either. Oh well, hopefully it will get easier with time.

I'm getting my 2nd shot on Wednesday. I couldn't be happier. The city here really has their stuff together. In my own personal case the process has been flawless.

Blog Entries
    Gratz! Does radio reception change when you walk by the radio/TV because of the embedded microchip ? (jk) I can't wait till they have enough vaccines for next phase where I may be able to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Gratz! Does radio reception change when you walk by the radio/TV because of the embedded microchip ? (jk)
    No, but for some strange reason I can now speak Russian fluently.

Blog Entries
    No, but for some strange reason I can now speak Russian fluently.
    Cool, my Russian is very rusty. I need either a booster in the form of a Covid shot, or a refresher from a pretty russian devushka.. Hmm, maybe both to be certain.

My father got his second Pfizer shot last week, went fine.

Good friend got his second, said the side effects were worse than the first but not a big deal.

Girlfriend got her second Friday, is just now progressing past broth and applesauce.

Harsh reactions but feeling better now.
    Took her 60 hours, but I'm very glad she got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Humboldt View Post
    My father got his second Pfizer shot last week, went fine.

Good friend got his second, said the side effects were worse than the first but not a big deal.

Girlfriend got her second Friday, is just now progressing past broth and applesauce.

Harsh reactions but feeling better now.
    Took her 60 hours, but I'm very glad she got it.
    That's sort of what I've been hearing... if you're going to react to the vaccine it is usually on the 2nd shot. Still, the reactions are all over the map. But, it does seem like I'm hearing firsthand of bad reactions from friend and family. Regardless, I'm going in with a smile on my face.

Got my 2nd Moderna yesterday. The injection site hurt more than the first one and it's still a little sore after 24 hours. So far, So good. No adverse reactions.

Моя мама любит ягнят не меньше меня. Пожалуй, это потому, что она такая же извращенная, как и я.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Blog Entries
    Доктор, я знал что ты извращенец, но думал что только ваксина заставляет тебя свободно говорить по-русски хех.

I cheated a bit, had to use google translate for a couple of the words.
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Where's Homeland Security when you need them!

Where's Homeland Security when you need them!
    We are currently looking into items you've hidden/stored in you underwear drawer.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.