Thread: We had to get out

We had to get out

The wife and I decided to get in the car and just take a drive. We went down to the beach and past a couple of stores to see how they're doing. We didn't get out of the car but it was nice to have a different view other than from the inside of the house. It was actually a nice little therapy session. We're planning a shopping run this Tuesday. We'll be stocking up for the rest of the month.

I am getting outside a little. I've been out in the garage detailing the wife's car. Fortunately I'm not trying to cram all the work into 1 weekend. I'm going out and spending an hour or two at a time until I get it done. It's helping pass the time.

I have been getting a lot of use out of my VR headset.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

Blog Entries
    I do things outside the house at times, work in the yard, work on my little boat and other projects, however, Florida has closed public beaches, parks are closed, and the mayor issued a "safer at home" order where one is not allowed to be outside aimlessly, unless you are going to or from one of those businesses deemed "essential". Granted, it includes not only gas stations, pharmacies and food stores, but also places like hardware stores, office supply stores, legal/professional services, auto-repair shops, etc.

Closing beaches and parks seems counter-intuitive to me, those are places where one can easily be outside while "social distancing".

Quote Originally Posted by Philip View Post
    Closing beaches and parks seems counter-intuitive to me, those are places where one can easily be outside while "social distancing".
    I think part of that has to do with the limited resources available to keep those kind of things operating. Most cities would rather have police and security issues reduced. It's just one less place to patrol. But I do agree with you, taking a walk on the beach cannot be as hazardous as walking into a store full of people.