Thread: I'm turning off the News

Cool I'm turning off the News

Look, I don't mind be kept updated about the Corona Virus Pandemic, sometimes it's helpful. But I don't need it 24/7 on TV, Radio and Internet. Last night the wife and I watched a movie on Amazon and as I was sitting there I was consciously aware of how relaxed I felt. I then realized that it was because I had been sitting in front of a screen that wasn't telling me more about the Virus. I think Mrs. Easto and I are going to start watching a lot more movies and a lot less news.

Blog Entries
    I've been there for a while now. Watching more movies and less news.

Wifey is freaked out, however, she ordered some grocery store delivery because she didn't want to go shopping, half the stuff she wanted is not even available it seems - simple essential things like Apple Cider vinegar and beer, hmm. I may stroll down to Walmart just to see what the shelves looks like.

Im there too. driving me nuts. at least my work has been keeping me busy....
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilog B
    Loading the dishwasher at brembo's house means bringing the fiancee a sixpack home.

It's been a long time since I'v had my guitars out of the closet and in my hands. I think today we'll start on that journey again.

Quote Originally Posted by Easto View Post
    Look, I don't mind be kept updated about the Corona Virus Pandemic, sometimes it's helpful. But I don't need it 24/7 on TV, Radio and Internet. Last night the wife and I watched a movie on Amazon and as I was sitting there I was consciously aware of how relaxed I felt. I then realized that it was because I had been sitting in front of a screen that wasn't telling me more about the Virus. I think Mrs. Easto and I are going to start watching a lot more movies and a lot less news.

add to that any company that has ever had my email address flooding me with emails about it. I dont care, you are on online only shop, what does this have to do with anything.
    I'm a little more stressed than normal with trying to get hundreds of clients remote phones and network access in the past 3 days as with any other phone or MSP provider I'm sure. I'm sure Cat is super busy right now.

^^^ I know. It seems like every entity, government or otherwise, wants to send me an email regarding the virus and what to do, and what they are doing to try and help me. Enough already, I get it.

All this annoys me too. And I had a panic, real fear for my family and loved ones. Now I just watch less news.
    https://sportegan.com/

Blog Entries
    Here is some good news - A Portland Club has started "Boober Eats" meal delivery service where dancers deliver food directly to you.. Maybe other clubs will welcome and adopt the initiative.

https://www.wweek.com/bars/2020/03/1...-to-your-home/
    Linux is user friendly, it's just picky about its friends...
    Disclaimer: Please use caution when opening messages, my grasp on reality may have shaken loose during transmission (going on rusty memory circuits).
    ๑۩۞۩๑

Same here, but be sure to follow the WHO guidelines like social distancing and stuff. Stay home and be safe. I'm almost running out of movies to watch too, maybe I should find some new series on netflix.

One of the difficult things is to find movies that both Mrs. Easto and I will enjoy. Some days I'll spend 1/2 hour searching Prime for something I think we'll both enjoy. Then, before we start I let her see the list and then see starts curating my list. We're watching approximately 2 movies a day.

One of the difficult things is to find movies that both Mrs. Easto and I will enjoy. Some days I'll spend 1/2 hour searching Prime for something I think we'll both enjoy. Then, before we start I let her see the list and then see starts curating my list. We're watching approximately 2 movies a day.
    I have a few you might enjoy. PM me for details.
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony44 View Post
    Yes, all the films that I wanted to see, I have already reviewed, switched to TV shows.
    I know what you mean. I'm really having to dig in order to find movies that both my wife and I will enjoy together. While on my own I've been bingeing on The Addams Family, Green Acres and The Beverly Hillbillies.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDoctor View Post
    I have a few you might enjoy. PM me for details.

I'm not falling for that again!

I watch the news once every two days, if I do it every day I’m in a bad mood.

Quote Originally Posted by robby24 View Post
    I watch the news once every two days, if I do it every day I’m in a bad mood.
    We haven't watched the local News in about a week. There is nothing new they can tell me that I can't get with a quick glance at the local newspaper's website. I usually check it once in the morning and then in the evening. If anything happens that needs my attention I'm sure my neighbor will bring it up during our daily talks, or someone will mail me with a... "your're not going to believe this" email.

I'm not falling for that again!
    Well crap. Post count +4
    People will forget what you said... and people will forget what you did... but people will never forget how you made them feel.